How did I get this future voyage credit?

DAP2

From what I've read, this type of future voyage credit is usually due to canceling within a window of time when your deposit is non-refundable. This will be my first VV cruise. I haven't booked and canceled anything. I was part of the cancelations and rebooked. I do have DBE due to status match.  

Thanks in advance. You're all so helpful!

Capture.jpg

On 9/23/2023 at 6:45 AM, cantgetin said:

said the amount was 0.

Interesting.  Mine says $235..And it makes no sense. It's not 10% or 5% of my voyage. It doesn't match the taxes or deposit. I can't figure it out and the call center has no idea. 

16955787108123314895563875955609.jpg

5 minutes ago, Freelancer3 said:

There was an extra 10% loyalty discount that was extended  for cruses to the end of 2024 on Sept. 15th. If you spoke to your TA or sailor rep, maybe they refunded it as FVC?

https://www.virginvoyages.com/promotional-terms-and-conditions?item=d6b10f3f-995b-4aa6-8ec8-8cddbbb8d8c1

The offer is for select voyages and is not eligible for charter voyages.

Do we know what the selected Voyages are?

Can this be applied if sailings are paid in full?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DAP2 said:

Interesting.  Mine says $235..And it makes no sense. It's not 10% or 5% of my voyage. It doesn't match the taxes or deposit. I can't figure it out and the call center has no idea. 

Back in the covid cancellations each person got their own credit and it didn't always split equally between each sailor.

Also if you are computer savi you can get more info about your credits. A request is made to /sw-ext-api/v1/sailors/voyageCredit when you are on the dashboard page ( https://www.virginvoyages.com/accounts/v1/account/dashboard ) and the response for each entry covers the original "amount" and the "amountLeft". If that made no sense to you then it probably is of no use, but if you understood it you will be able to use developer tools to view this info.

2 hours ago, Freelancer3 said:

Recently booked voyages: the loyalty discount can be applied whether paid in full or partially paid. I dont know how recently it must be booked.

It will apply to most or all voyages. 

Sorry, so do we need to contact sailor services for this? I booked 2 cruises this past week, and I didn't get any other discounts besides 10% book early, 10% DBE, 10% PIF, in addition to the discounts VV had on the site. 

Edited by -The-True-North-

Actually, I'm a little curious now about reasons Virgin might give future voyage credit.  I've got a $666 voyage credit that continues to show up despite expiring mid November of last year.  I'm not 100% certain where it came from.

We had a cruise booked in mid March 2019 for an April 1 2020 cruise that we cancelled.  At the time the cancellation was due to the change from Cuba as a port to Key West but I imagine it would have been cancelled by Virgin anyway in April.  I booked a new cruise late March of 2022.  I booked the cruise myself online and don't remember seeing this credit at the time.  I'm wondering if this was a credit I got from the previous cruise that perhaps should have been applied, or if this would be something new they gave me from booking the new cruise.

I guess I can call sailor services to see, but I'm just curious if Virgin gives out voyage credits for newly booked trips, or if this would almost certainly have come from a cancelled trip.  (I mostly ignored this since, by the time I noticed I had it, it had expired but this thread now has me curious where it came from).

Edited by Tralfaz1138

4 hours ago, Scotsrich said:

I’ve got £500 FVC that expires 3 days before my cruise next week that I won’t be able to use.

Unfortunate but nothing I can do about it.

You can try calling VV or your TA and see if you can use that FVC to buy sailor loot.  I was able to do that for a 2022 sailing.  The rules may have changed, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  

• Like 1