Air/ Hotel

seasidemn

Good morning,

This is our 1st sailing with regent seven seas. The Grandeur/ Barcelona to Miami November 25th.

We were loyal Crystal Cruisers. We are having some difficulty with our flights,booked Cruise  through  American  Express Platinum.Regent charges $75.00 to speak to the flight department! Really? I've NEVER heard of such a thing. Thoughts?  Thank you!

At the top of this forum you will see an topic on Regent flight with and without deviations.  That explains alot about the included air.

The $75 is recently new and not described there.

Short overview

Business Class flights are included with  the cruise and Regent will send you flight info about 90 days prior to flight.

If you want more say into what flights you take, then at 210days prior to flight you can work a deviation $175 per person, and there is usually a chance at better flights.

The $75 is to try to control the calls to Regent flight people with just wondering etc questions.  You will pay $75 to talk with an agent and then if you find a flight you want and take the deviation the $75 will be deducted from the deviation fee.

• Like 1

I've booked a lot on Regent, over 5,000 nights, including being Titanium myself, and I would NEVER book without deviation. It is the best money you can spend due to the complete mess the airlines are in. Not only will you have access to your preferred flights, but if you buy through Regent, they will back you up and help you get to the ship in the event of an emergency. Who wants to go on an expensive cruise only to arrive at the ship stressed and tired due to multiple connections or other nonsense?

• Like 5

18 hours ago, seasidemn said:

Good morning,

This is our 1st sailing with regent seven seas. The Grandeur/ Barcelona to Miami November 25th.

We were loyal Crystal Cruisers. We are having some difficulty with our flights,booked Cruise  through  American  Express Platinum.Regent charges $75.00 to speak to the flight department! Really? I've NEVER heard of such a thing. Thoughts?  Thank you!

See you on board 

we were also loyal crystal cruisers 

you will love regent

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 10:58 AM, Pcardad said:

I've booked a lot on Regent, over 5,000 nights, including being Titanium myself, and I would NEVER book without deviation. It is the best money you can spend due to the complete mess the airlines are in. Not only will you have access to your preferred flights, but if you buy through Regent, they will back you up and help you get to the ship in the event of an emergency. Who wants to go on an expensive cruise only to arrive at the ship stressed and tired due to multiple connections or other nonsense?

Good morning,

Took your advice.. Now HAPPY with flights, seats etc. With your vast cruising experience, what are your thoughts on the War going on in regards to a cruise? So EXCITED but nervous now.

See you onboard! 

On 9/23/2023 at 9:01 AM, seasidemn said:

Good morning,

We will be on the segment preceding yours and then stay for the Barcelona-Miami.  Looking forward to meeting you.  There is a Roll Call started.