Viking Venus Penthouse Verandah cabin 6001

Nanahighseas

My husband and I are doing the Italian Sojourn Cruise in August of 2025. Yes, we know it's a long ways off and so excited because it's our first cruise with Viking, but have a couple questions were hoping someone can answer. We are booked into Penthouse Verandah cabin 6001 and we're wondering if there's an obstructed view and whether we have a sliding glass door or a hinged door and adjacent window. Does anyone know?  Just curious if someone has seen or been in this particular cabin. Thank you Debbie 

• Like 1

We were in 6001 for our Alaska cruise last August. We loved it. I would often be sitting on the veranda and see the Captain or one of the crew standing on the bridge. I would wave and he would wave back. The veranda next to the bridge is for the crew. The one on the left is 6001. One day we were leaving our room just as the Program Director walked into the hallway after finishing making an announcement over the loudspeaker. We enjoyed chatting with him for a few minutes.

I didn't feel like there was an obstructed view at all. We liked it because we were close to the Explorer's Lounge and Mamsens and not very far from the elevators and stairs. We loved it so much we booked two more cruises on deck 6.

Viking-stateroom-6001.jpg

46 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

You are right next to the bridge.

image.jpeg.7d889192cc890cfd297f32fb5464e215.jpeg

Some find the location objectionable as those on the Bridge can see on to the veranda and folks who go to the outside deck can look down on to the veranda also.  However your cruise is port intensive so how much time will you really spend on your veranda.

We have booked 6001 a few times (and have it again on a cruise in February) and as noted above, I don't think the view is obstructed and I never felt any lack of privacy.  I also like not having a cabin on one side as cuts back on potential for noise.  

On 9/23/2023 at 4:01 PM, nanabeth said:

We were in 6001 for our Alaska cruise last August. We loved it. I would often be sitting on the veranda and see the Captain or one of the crew standing on the bridge. I would wave and he would wave back. The veranda next to the bridge is for the crew. The one on the left is 6001. One day we were leaving our room just as the Program Director walked into the hallway after finishing making an announcement over the loudspeaker. We enjoyed chatting with him for a few minutes.

I didn't feel like there was an obstructed view at all. We liked it because we were close to the Explorer's Lounge and Mamsens and not very far from the elevators and stairs. We loved it so much we booked two more cruises on deck 6.

Viking-stateroom-6001.jpg

So, the there is a cabin between 6001 and the bridge,  is that true for all the VO ships because some people make it sound like 6001 is 'right' behind/beside the bridge.  I've been wondering about this exact topic because 6001 is available on a cruise I'm looking at. 

15 hours ago, rmalbers said:

So, the there is a cabin between 6001 and the bridge,  is that true for all the VO ships because some people make it sound like 6001 is 'right' behind/beside the bridge.  I've been wondering about this exact topic because 6001 is available on a cruise I'm looking at. 

There is no passenger cabin between 6001 and the bridge. There is a veranda between the 6001 veranda and the bridge that only be accessed from the bridge. I never saw anyone on that veranda. At the end of the hall is a locked door to the bridge.

Sorry for the confusion. As I said before I never felt a lack of privacy.

17 hours ago, rmalbers said:

When we took our bridge tour on Saturn last month, we were told the cabin immediately adjacent to the bridge wing is the Captain's Stateroom. 

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 4