Why on Earth would Regent Schedule Computer Maintenance at the Exact Time Our Excursion Bookings Open?

-Lew-

-Lew-, the same thing happened to us back in April. We were finally able to book our excursions Sunday afternoon. And more importantly, we were able to book everything that we wanted. Hopefully you are in a suite where you are booking a full year out. It is very frustrating, I know. 

49 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

To echo RELS and CWN Mike Moore explained in an earlier thread that maintenance must be done during this time period because if later it runs into problems with Regent UK normal hours.  It all has to do with the time the computer systems are in least demand.  

I understand now; however, why not inform those scheduled to book excursions or dining via email in advance.  A workable option might be to schedule maintenance on weekends and access to excursions and dining on weekdays.

A warning in advance via email would have been much better than the site not responding while attempting to complete bookings.  With the website's booking process so slow anyway, it was difficult to determine whether it was its normal operation or something else.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -Lew- said:

I understand now; however, why not inform those scheduled to book excursions or dining via email in advance.  A workable option might be to schedule maintenance on weekends and access to excursions and dining on weekdays.

A warning in advance via email would have been much better than the site not responding while attempting to complete bookings.  With the website's booking process so slow anyway, it was difficult to determine whether it was its normal operation or something else.

You'll have to ask Mike Moore.  I was just passing information from a previous discussion as I remember it. 

Edited by papaflamingo