Hotel Near San Pedro Port

katmigordon

58 minutes ago, Loveh2ofl said:

We've stayed there twice - happy with it - can even walk to the port if you didn't have much luggage - but there is a modestly priced shuttle - just reserve it early!

Do you think it would be possible to ride ecvs to it?

7 hours ago, katmigordon said:

don't know what ecvs means.Ā  taxis/uber/lyft available - better to reserve for the time you want.Ā  If ecvs is motorized personal vehicle - what will you do with it when you get to the ship?Ā  I wouldn't recommend walking - I just said it would be possible - it's a couple of miles and probably a lot of traffic on cruise day.Ā  We walked to the battleship iowa museum the day before.

8 hours ago, katmigordon said:

I have seen a ā€œliveā€ from San Pedro, where a cruiser walked and it looked fairly flat, but donā€™t know if there would be hurdles for ecvā€™s?
Ā 

I would check with the Crowne Plaza, perhaps they may know.

Also, you could ask about the shuttle and ecvā€™s?

Ā 

Weā€™ve stayed there many times, never paid attention, as we catch the hotel shuttle.

We've walked from the Crowne Plaza to the port at least a couple of times...It's NOT "a couple of miles".Ā  Depending on which berth you're at, it's about 800 to 1200 yards--about three to four blocks.Ā  It is FLAT.Ā  You cross only one major street.Ā  Sidewalks all the way.Ā  Handicapped curb cuts as required by law.Ā  The hotel has a shuttle for a small fee and it helps to schedule it when you arrive at the hotel, but Uber/Lyft are fairly inexpensive as well and very convenient.Ā  No need to book in advance, but, if you have ECVs, it may be hard to get those intoĀ  typical Uber and you may need an XL or one equipped to carry them.Ā  Ā I trust you have a way to carry your luggage with these...if so, the ride to the pier should be esy.

Ā 

The CP is VERY convenient to a variety of restaurants within only a couple of blocks.Ā  I particularly like the San Pedro Brewing Company--only a half a block from the CP.

Ā 

The other hotel to stay in would be the Doubletree...Very nice though a bit farther from downtown, the restaurants and the pier...but the hotel will shuttle you to the pier and to downtown restaurants for free.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrFUN said:

Has anyone stayed recently at the Doubletree Hilton/San Pedro prior to embarkation? Pros & cons?

Ā 

Thanks for any insights!

Ā 

OOPS!

Ā 

I forgot to mention that we're staying several days pre-cruise to visit with local friends prior to our Celebrity cruise--so sight-seeing is NOT a concern. We're mainly concerned about the general condition of theĀ Doubletree Hilton/San Pedro (an alarming number of bad reviews for it AND for Crowne Plaza, where we stayed ages ago)--and want to know if the Doubletree dining facility is pleasant for get-togethers with friends.

Ā 

ALSO: Any problems/delays getting their port shuttle--or an Uber or taxi to the port?

Ā 

THANKS again for any details!

Mary-Lou

(DrFUN)