Newbie… Website question… Dotted blue line on maps… and cabin availability

Goosebear Mum

Hi. After 8 years on P&O (mainly Aurora) we are thinking of trying Fred, now P&O are not really doing the routes we prefer… Trying to work our Fred’s website and some things confuse me… 

1) What is the implication of the dotted blue line from the Seine back to Southampton please? I cannot find a key.  Any ideas?!  The itinerary doesn’t mention anything different. The itinerary talks about sailing the Seine on Dec 21st (2024) and then arriving back to Southampton on the 22nd.  

2) Doing a ‘dummy’ booking for a Christmas market cruise this December, to find availability, the website only shows me an availability list of about 6 cabins for a category… I thought it suspicious, as the ones shown were all next to each other…. but if I manually search cabin numbers, others are available.  How do I see a full list without having to tediously search each cabin number? (The drop down list won’t show all, just the few at the far bow, whereas one was available manually searching mid-aft). I am using an iPad, not sure if this makes a difference, and their drop down lists don’t work properly… Anyone else seen this? 

Many thanks

GBM

IMG_2443.jpeg

The blue dotted line is just to show the return route to the homeport, just to help differentiate between the directions, the red solid line goes out and to all the ports - the tiny arrows also show the way, but they are not always clear, especially on fjord cruises.

As for the cabins, I can't really comment, usually take what we're given, travelling steerage! I sometimes browse the site, but haven't actually used the site to book, but I agree that it isn't great for looking up certain cabins.

Re cabins, I am pretty fussy about location.  and agree that when Ive done dummy bookings lately I have seen that not many choices offered.  I would suggest to use the deck plans to make a short list of cabins you really like the look of, and then try phoning Fred to do the booking, as the phone booking person will be able to see all the cabins available on any particular deck. If you. ve got the deck plan open on on your computer while you discuss you can see exactly what you are being offered. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We always book as Sleepingcat suggests.

We pick what we would ideally want then ring and work from there.

Although I recall we once booked what we considered the ideal cabin.

Middle of ship with cabins above and below.

No white spaces near.

Got in it and the vibration nearly shook me out of bed.

They changed us to a Cabin that we would never have picked and it was superb. 

Edited by 1160451