Entertainment/Food

tjsmama

Posing a question to those cruisers that have cruised Carnival and Celebrity. I need honest opinions on the food/entertainment on Celebrity compared to Carnival. I have cruised multiple times on Carnival and a couple of times on NCL and RCCL. The food seemed comparable, maybe a bit better on NCL/RCCL than Carnival but the entertainment was way better on NCL/RCCL than Carnival. Is it the same way with Celebrity or is the food/entertainment better (or worse/the same) than Carnival?

1 hour ago, tjsmama said:

Posing a question to those cruisers that have cruised Carnival and Celebrity. I need honest opinions on the food/entertainment on Celebrity compared to Carnival. I have cruised multiple times on Carnival and a couple of times on NCL and RCCL. The food seemed comparable, maybe a bit better on NCL/RCCL than Carnival but the entertainment was way better on NCL/RCCL than Carnival. Is it the same way with Celebrity or is the food/entertainment better (or worse/the same) than Carnival?

Book a Celebrity cruise and decide for yourself. Other than that it's all personal opinions. One parsons ceiling is another persons floor. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

I like the food on Carnival, more flavor options. Quality is generally good on Celebrity. Carnival does a lot better with more comedy. I don’t care for production shows either way. Celebrity has a more laid back and relaxation vibe. 

Again, perfect example of different strokes for different folks. I don't personally care for the non-stop comedy shows on Carnival, a big reason we are trying Celebrity again after a long break. I will say that (some of)  the production shows on the Carnival Mardi Gras were excellent, there just wasn't enough variety and enough options for us. The food variety on the Mardi Gras was endless. Looking forward to seeing what Celebrity offers on our upcoming cruise.

20 hours ago, tjsmama said:

There's a huge difference between Carnival's newest ships and the ships that were built in the 90s.  Generally speaking, you'll have more entertainment choices on the big 3 (CCL, RCI and NCL) as most have a dedicated comedy lounge with at least 3 comedy shows a day, a piano bar, a karaoke bar, etc.  Some ships have branded Broadway shows like Cats.  RCI Oasis-class ships have an aqua theater, ice skating shows, etc.  X across the board has one show a night repeated twice.  One will usually be a comedian, one magician and the rest are musicals varying from concert style to a non-branded Broadway style.  It should also be noted that these X shows are the same on different ships; M/S class have the same shows and the E-Class has its own shows

Food again depends on the ship as the newest carnival ship has a lot of variety and includes free specialty restaurants although they're piloting an $8 cover charge.  Also, full-cover specialty restaurants are cheaper on the big 3 than they are on X.  I prefer Carnival's newest ships over any X ship for food.  Far better burgers with guys, guys BBQ for lunch beats any lunch I've had on X, you get street food, big chicken, and two specialty restaurants for free although they could permanently add an $8 cover charge.  X's buffet and MDR is better than Carnival but why bother with either when you can dine for free in specialties?