Venice to Ravenna Shuttle Info

5thgirl

Anyone familar with the "Flixbus" from Tronchetto station in Venice to  Ravenna(via Trieste 180-Pala de Andre?

We wanted to take the train from Venice (santa Lucia) however I guess it is too early for August schedules.   

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 7:54 PM, RD64 said:

Ravenna is not - and will never be - Venice. You are on your own. Not sure why RCL is still trying to make it appear that Venice and Ravenna are next door to each other

YES THIS!!!! I was so vocal about RCCL's continued misleading advertising, I cannot believe they've not been sued by any one of the many folks who wake up in Venice to "get a cab" to the ship, only to find out its 3 hours away.  We heard so many nightmare stories last year.

Last year, we flew into Bologna and planned to take the train to Ravenna a few days prior to our cruise, however torrential rain flooded the area with lots of damage to infrastructure, including railway tracks and needless to say, no trains to Ravenna.  Lucky for us we were a few days early & as we stood hopeless at the ticket machine, I happened to catch sight of a Celebrity Cruises bus outside the railway station and they kindly let us hitch a ride to the port where their ship was leaving from also a few days before our RCCL ship.  We then got a taxi to Ravenna where we stayed at a lovely airbnb.  Having a plan is awesome, having a back up is best.  We took the RCLL bus from Ravenna to Venice on the return. Sold on board, very reasonable, very easy and prompt. 

7 hours ago, cruzfool said:

YES THIS!!!! I was so vocal about RCCL's continued misleading advertising, I cannot believe they've not been sued by any one of the many folks who wake up in Venice to "get a cab" to the ship, only to find out its 3 hours away.  We heard so many nightmare stories last year.

Anybody who "wakes up in Venice to get a cab to the ship"?? Maybe they ought to look at a map once in awhile before traveling?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, crazyank said:

Anybody who "wakes up in Venice to get a cab to the ship"?? Maybe they ought to look at a map once in awhile before traveling?

for me personally, I agree and wouldn't dream of not being prepared, looking at maps etc. but judging by the number of people we heard this from on our sailings last year plus RCCL's continued marketing of Ravenna as being Venice is ridiculous.  It isn't like other European places where the port is listed for the city, like, Civitevecchia, (Rome), Piraeus (Athens), as those are the ports for those cities, but Ravenna is not and never will be the port for Venice.