On-Board Future Cruise Refund question

Married90

This past February we purchased 2 "future cruise" credits on-board where you have 6 months to make a selection otherwise you were refunded the deposit paid.   Well it has been well over a month since those expired as we didn't find anything we really wanted to book.   Does anyone have any experience how long before we will see the $400 in refunds back on our credit card?   Should I be calling Celebrity or just wait patiently?  

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I would call. The one we purchased expires in a year. If we don't use it within 6 months we lose the obc that comes with it. 

Thanks.   I thought it was 6 months was for both.  Now I will have to dig up the paperwork and double check...  

Here are part of the T&C for the Book Later booking which is in my cruise docs for my sailing in 3 weeks.

I always thought you had 6 months to select a sailing or you didn't get the OBC and it would be refunded after 1 year.   Looks like they changed it to refund after 6 months but butchered the cut and paste.   Your T&C might be different than this.    Since it seems to be refundable I don't see why you couldn't request a refund at any point.

A Book Later reservation does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise price until you convert it to a confirmed booking by selecting a ship and sail date and paying all

required deposits. It must be converted to a confirmed booking within (6) months after the Booking Date in order to be eligible for the future onboard credit. If not converted within one

(6) months from the Booking Date, you will not receive the onboard credit and your deposit will be refunded.

18 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

A Book Later reservation does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise price until you convert it to a confirmed booking by selecting a ship and sail date and paying all

required deposits. It must be converted to a confirmed booking within (6) months after the Booking Date in order to be eligible for the future onboard credit. If not converted within one

(6) months from the Booking Date, you will not receive the onboard credit and your deposit will be refunded.

HI:   yes I checked ours said the same thing.   I called "X" with the certificates in front of me along with the dates my CC was charged and the amounts, etc.   They cant find the records of the certificates even though I received several emails from Celebrity reminding me to use them over the past 6 months and they "used to be" in my profile on the web site (no longer are).   So now I am having to send them things to prove I purchased them to get the refund...    Lovely....