Likely Dumb Soda Package Question (Apologies in Advance)

TxTeach79

Hey y'all!

Apologies if this is incredibly redundant, but I hadn't seen it anywhere. My first time back on Princess in 7 years is this November, and though I'm Platinum my experience lies in the pre-Medallion fledgling internet days.... I'm trying to order sodas for my room in advance, and every time I look at the soda package it simply says "choose from an assortment of offerings" but nowhere through the process do I get the option to choose. I just want one kind of soda, how does that work?

Thanks in advance for indulging me, y'all! 

Yeah, I just wanted some cans in the room because I like to mix a few cocktails for the balcony myself... I found this on the Personalizer under beverage packages, just can't figure out how to specify what I want:

Stateroom Canned Soda Package  $11.80 for 6 cans

Package includes six cans of soda for the price of five. Service charge also included. Your choice of any six canned sodas listed below in any combination. Just contact room service to arrange stateroom delivery once on board.

Choice of six cans: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

The contacting room service part is true but I'll warn if it's anything like my last cruise room service will be all but unreachable the first day or two to identify what type you want.  I don't understand why one can't identify this when buying the package and have it just be there when you arrive like the water package. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skynight said:

You can carry officially 12 x 12 oz cans of soda per person on embarkation. People also bring on canned soda at ports of call. I don't think there is a canned soda package. All the plans as well as the plus/premier fares are fountain soda. 

The plus package includes cans of soda.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Catchum said:

The plus package includes cans of soda.

True but there can be appeal to having a stash of it in your cabin rather than having to bring it back every time.  I do this with bottled water even though its included in the plus package.  Having said that the bottled water package is like $7 for 12 bottles vs if you wanted 12 sodas you'd be looking at nearly $24.  Of course you can bring it on board for a good bit less but you won't see me lugging around 12 packs of soda lol

Edited by PMGS247

Do you have the Plus or Premiere beverage packages? What we saw last month was that you could typically order a couple of cans at a time. Then take them to your cabin.

If you don't have a beverage package,  don't forget there is a $5 fee added when using your phone to order from Room Service.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2023 at 1:28 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Hey y'all!

Apologies if this is incredibly redundant, but I hadn't seen it anywhere. My first time back on Princess in 7 years is this November, and though I'm Platinum my experience lies in the pre-Medallion fledgling internet days.... I'm trying to order sodas for my room in advance, and every time I look at the soda package it simply says "choose from an assortment of offerings" but nowhere through the process do I get the option to choose. I just want one kind of soda, how does that work?

No need to apologize, a lot of us (including myself) are not very experienced at cruising, which is why we use this forum - to ask questions. And there are no dumb ones!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2023 at 1:28 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Hey y'all!

In dining options there is Coke or sprite. 8 packs to purchase in advance

• Like 1