Yokohama disembarkation to airport via public transit

Ombud

I'm disembarking in Yokohama on April 27, 2024. The ship excursion transfers to Haneda are sold out. But it looks like it might be relatively close. I'd rather just take the bus or train. I know I can probably get a cab for less than the A$190 that the ship charges (I've already done the Tokyo tour). Are there guides in Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal who can guide me towards the busses / train to the airport?  If my flight is at 4:15pm and I want to spend the morning seeing the city is their luggage storage nearby?

Thank you ahead of time ....

• 4 weeks later...

Is this what you are looking for?
https://translation2.j-server.com/LUCYCAT/ns/tl.cgi/https://www.ycat.co.jp/route/haneda/?SLANG=ja&TLANG=en&XMODE=0&XPARAM=s,&XCHARSET=UTF-8&XPORG=,&XJSID=0

here is someone else’s post about lockers.

Osanbashi Cruise Terminal had coin lockers on the 2nd floor the last time I was there.

They also have one or two Takkyubin (luggage forwarding)counters.

Yokohama Station also has many coin lockers for bags.

happy planning 

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78

On 9/27/2023 at 6:11 PM, Ombud said:

I'm disembarking in Yokohama on April 27, 2024. The ship excursion transfers to Haneda are sold out. But it looks like it might be relatively close. I'd rather just take the bus or train. I know I can probably get a cab for less than the A$190 that the ship charges (I've already done the Tokyo tour). Are there guides in Osanbashi Yokohama International Passenger Terminal who can guide me towards the busses / train to the airport?  If my flight is at 4:15pm and I want to spend the morning seeing the city is their luggage storage nearby?

Thank you ahead of time ....

I was on Celebrity Millennium 30th Sept sailing and disembark from Osanbashi Terminal, a convenient location to airport via public transportation. I recalled you will sail on Royal Princess from Brisbane to Yokohama? Royal Princess will disembark from Daikoku Pier (a remote area) because she cannot sail under the Yokohama Bridge.

Disembark with luggage, your options are limited.

Option 1:
Taxi from Daikoku Pier to YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal) locate in Sky building, 1500 feet east of Yokohama station. Taxi fare < 7,000 yen.  From YCAT to Haneda airprort T3 is 650 yen, 30 min travel.

Option 2:
Taxi from Daikoku Pier to Keikyu-Tsurumi train station. < 2,700 yen. Take the Keikyu Main Line Airport Express from Keikyu-tsurumi station to Haneda Airport 3 (Keikyu) station (KK29 - KK16), direct no transfer, 22 min, 330 yen.

Option 3:
If Yokohama port authority offer free shuttle from Daikoku Pier to Yamashita Park, haul luggage 1000 - 1500 feet to a Keikyu airport bus, fare is 800 yen, runs every 30 min.
You have to crossed your fingers for the shuttle bus and airport bus not full.
https://hnd-bus.com/airport/h-yamashita/

Option 4:
Taxi from Daikoku Pier to Haneda airport T3, fare 9,000 yen + toll fee.

Japanese are very heartfelt helping foreigners, I don't have to speak much Japanese with 5 days pre-cruise stay in Kyoto and 12 days Japan cruise, most ports are DIY. I will sail on the Celebrity Millennium again from Singapore to Japan in early March.

Michael

Edited by monkey@cruise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @monkey@cruise. Thinking of just taking my little case (17") instead of big one (22") as it's easier to walk around with. Cruise is just 22 days so there's plenty of room in it. A little disappointing that Royal won't dock at Osanbashi but hoping there's a desk at Daikoku. Apparently I've been looking at wrong pier. 

29 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thanks @monkey@cruise. Thinking of just taking my little case (17") instead of big one (22") as it's easier to walk around with. Cruise is just 22 days so there's plenty of room in it. A little disappointing that Royal won't dock at Osanbashi but hoping there's a desk at Daikoku. Apparently I've been looking at wrong pier. 

Any ship over 100,000 tons will dock at Daikoku Pier - RCCL Spectrum OTS, Queen Mary, MSC, etc. Only Diamond Princess and Celebrity Millennium dock at Osanbashi because Yokohama bridge clearance. Next year, when Yokohama port authority release 2024 cruise schedule, will show you Royal Princess  will dock at Daikoku Pier. In Princess App port information will show which port the ship will dock. I travelled with a 29" case, no problem if you know where the elevators are and the route. For Osanbashi, everyone taking taxi from Yokohama station, but I through Sakuragichō train station, taxi fare was 1,100 yen compare 2,100 yen from Yokohama station. From train platform to taxi stand is 300 feet compare 1200 feet in Yokohama station. 

My case was full of Japan candies and snack to bring home. Be prepare long Japan immigration clearance in Kagoshima, Japan (Japan first port of call). In Kochi, I used the Goodwill Guide services, Volunteer Guide Junko is fantastic. The service is FREE, just a monetary donation to the club, guide's transport and meal expense.  I brought her Canadian Maple as a gift.

Edited by monkey@cruise
  • Like 1

Thanks @monkey@cruise. I can fit 3 weeks worth in that little case (all toiletries & meds fit in a quart bag) so I will just carry my 2 bottles wine on separately. 

Did the conversion & cab to train station = $18. And found that even Diamond Princess is due to dock at Daikoku so now trying to figure out 1/2 day Sightseeing while arriving to the "other" pier ... I've got 4 hrs to explore

25 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thanks @monkey@cruise. I can fit 3 weeks worth in that little case (all toiletries & meds fit in a quart bag) so I will just carry my 2 bottles wine on separately. 

Did the conversion & cab to train station = $18. And found that even Diamond Princess is due to dock at Daikoku so now trying to figure out 1/2 day Sightseeing while arriving to the "other" pier ... I've got 4 hrs to explore

You hasn't factor in the Disembark time, unless you do a self-disembark; you taxi queue time and your navigation time from Daikoku to Haneda Airport. You must clear custom when disembark.
Lucky your Disembark Day is on Saturday, no morning rush hour. Taking 1 A$ = 95 yen, Option 3 will cost you A$34,  for under A$18, you must opt for  the free shuttle and airport bus. Japan taxi fare is expensive starts at 500 yen.
Do you know where the Haneda Luggage lockers locate? What if no empty one? Japan International flight is minimal 2 - 2.5hr check-in. Once you settled all your belongings in Haneda, then plan your quick Japan tour - 30 min monorail ride to Hamamatsucho station (Tokyo tower), if time limited, Haneda Airport Garden (shopping mall) in Haneda T3.

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Flight is at 16:30. What time should I board train? How long does it take to get through airport? (And yes I can self disembark)

Check your airline the time at Haneda airport before your flight. Each carrier has its own rule. 
After luggage check-in, you go through self serve primary security and exit immigration, then regular security screening. Your departure gate can be far away or nearby. For large aircraft, boarding time can be 45 min before departure. If you are a slow mover, give yourself more time.

The Keikyu Main Line Airport Express from Keikyu-Tsurumi station to Haneda Airport 3 (Keikyu) station runs every 21 min, travel time 19 min. Give yourself 40 min on train, in case you missed one. Also make sure you board the right train to the airport because the tracks also use by other lines and other destination. Japan train platform display and announcement are bi-lingual: Japanese and English, sometimes are quad bi-lingual: Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean.

image.thumb.png.3d5b75a49ca0ed7385b6a9d1538207ab.png

Buying a train ticket

https://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/ride/get-train.html

Edited by monkey@cruise