Civitavecchia: "B2B" but moving from Beyond to RCCL Enchantment

jsblbruce

Has anyone ever done this?  We will be on a 10-night on Cel Beyond, disembark, and then embark to begin a 7-night on Enchantment.  We've been to the port before, so we know the layout and the line we stood in to surrender luggage on both cruise lines was exactly the same.  Everyone went through the same scanner, then they separated luggage based on tag.  The difference is we left Wonder OS and had 2 days on our own in Venice before returning to Civitavecchia port to board Apex.  This time we leave Beyond (hopefully last number called) and immediately board Enchantment (first appointment available).

TA suggested that we can talk with both cruise lines and because they share the port building, they will move our luggage directly from one ship to the other without us needing to pick it up and recheck it.  They also said we can bypass the security line and go directly to RCCL check in because we and our luggage are already in the secure area.  Has anyone else done this?  I feel like we are putting a lot of trust into backend operations and it feels very "Fort Lauderdale" and when I call both cruise lines, they sound confused and tell me I'll have to check in with the port when we are there.

It's not a showstopper if we have to exit the building and come back in.  With Beyond, Edge, and Enchantment in port that day, I know it'll be chaos no matter how we do it.  Just looking to keep travel stress at a minimum that day and keep the relaxation vibe in play during the transfer.  Thanks!

It's not a B2B (same ship)....it's a side by side (different ships).  You might ask on the Italy ports board.  Call center agents are not going to know.  I'd be somewhat surprised if there is enough coordination between Royal and X to handle this, but the ones with the experience doing it are going to be the workers at the ship and in that port.