COVID Testing Requirements for Australia

alwalaska

Hi!  I was wondering if anyone has any insight on why NCL has not updated their COVID protocols for sailings leaving from Sydney.  On Aug 31st, NSW removed the need for cruisers to take a test before boarding the ship. NCL is still listing it as required. Both Princess and Carnival immediately updated their policies, but it looks like Holland America and NCL are keeping them, at least for now.  I realize the first Sydney cruise isn't for a couple of months still, but it would be nice to be able to plan ahead.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, IAcruising said:

What "protocols" out of Sydney are you asking about? The only restriction I see is for Australia is regarding Tasmania.

Thank you!  I didn't see the note under the major Australia heading that said it is for Tasmania only.  That totally makes sense since the new laws were for NSW and Victoria I believe. Fingers crossed that Tasmania changes their rules before our cruise. 😉

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

At the end of the day, NCL sets the protocols and policies for their ships. And they have not always aligned with their ports of call. Follow their protocols or risk being denied boarding. Simple. 

I totally understand that, but NCLs rules are not always updated on all parts of their website and frequently the people on the phones have no clue what is going on.  I was simply looking for insight. 

15 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

There has already been some discussion about this on this thread.  Some speculation but no clear answers:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2957721-updates-for-australia-cruise-ship-covid-protocols/page/8

Thanks.  I searched the NCL boards before I posted, but I didn't think to go to the general Australia boards.