unpleasant single fares

vistaman

I know that the onboard product is not reflective of what shoreside is and I am thankful for that.  Reservations still has no idea what the new promotion for singles in Aquamarine nd Sapphire suites is.  In addition when you click on the voyages that this promo is applicable to you get BOTH the cancelled Panama Canal cruises and the new 7 day itineraries, right below each other!  Do they not have anybody proof anything?  If I did not know how wonderful OC could be and from what I am reading NC is I would avoid a company that puts out incorrect itineraries and don’t know their own itineraries or promotions.

On 10/15/2023 at 6:53 PM, cruisr said:

I know that the onboard product is not reflective of what shoreside is and I am thankful for that.  Reservations still has no idea what the new promotion for singles in Aquamarine nd Sapphire suites is.  In addition when you click on the voyages that this promo is applicable to you get BOTH the cancelled Panama Canal cruises and the new 7 day itineraries, right below each other!  Do they not have anybody proof anything?  If I did not know how wonderful OC could be and from what I am reading NC is I would avoid a company that puts out incorrect itineraries and don’t know their own itineraries or promotions.

We should volunteer to proof for them!

How about the fact that the promo in the email is for aquamarine and sapphire but those single fares aren’t included on the page of cruise fares. At least there’s a caveat to that effect, in the email.

On 10/12/2023 at 5:33 PM, cruisr said:

Well my TA forwarded me an email she received from Crystal about special single fares on select sailings for Aquamarine and Sapphire and two phone calls to Crystal and she still can’t get fare information.  She wants to be able to book online but that still hasn’t happened.  She is calling back tomorrow 

You mean the email came before the res. agents had access to the special fares? It’s now four days later. Has that been remedied?

16 hours ago, May B said:

You mean the email came before the res. agents had access to the special fares? It’s now four days later. Has that been remedied?

Nope and myself and two friends I convinced to come with me have booked on Explora with a 15% single supplement.  Res agents my TA spoke to said they would reach out to her and they haven’t.  Radio silence from sales department also.  

Given the load factors one would think they would want to get bodies in beds and changing the SS on these sailings means they do but wow lousy follow through

Here’s an article about the increase in demand for single rooms on cruise ships. Crystal is mentioned. The single room I had on the Serenity last week was palatial compared to the NCL single room pictured in the article. 

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Cruise-lines-double-down-solo-cabins

• Like 3