Noon flight out of Fort Lauderdale, Arriving at PortMiami 7am

opus2002

We are crusing on Norwegian on a Caribbean trip for family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids).  The ship arrives Miami port at 7am on a Saturday morning.  I am debating whether to take the noon flight or 3pm out of Fort Lauderdale airport.  (FLL flights were cheaper than Miami flights.)  I am planning on taking Uber/Lyft from Port Miami to FLL.  I am thinking of carrying my own luggage out of the ship.  Do ships docking in Miami often get delayed or not?  Will it be relaxing disembarkment or do I need to be rushing out if I take noon flight?  Go for noon or 3pm?  Thank you.

Edited by opus2002
Add more info.

You can easily make the noon flight but I'm the stress free type and would normally book the 3:00PM flight home. A cab, shuttle bus or Uber is an easy forty five minute ride from the Port of Miami to FLL. If your off the ship by 8:30AM or earlier you have plenty of time to make either flight.

Thanks.  I would like less stress too, but the 3pm seems a bit too long of a wait at the airport.  I was also thinking of going for the 5:30pm flight out of PBI and touring the Henry Flager museam around roon.  But then, it will be a long day.  And PBI cost has gone up now.   

The ride from POM to FLL takes about 40-45+ minutes.  As long as you are off the ship, with bags, and loading into a taxi/Uber/shuttle by about 9:00 you will be fine for a noon flight.  You even have time for one last breakfast in the MDR!

• Like 1