What is the one "Must do" you recommend?

Participate in everything you possibly can, a cruise vacation is only what you make it. You need to let all the little things go, ignore rude obnoxious people you bump into, and tell yourself you are here to have a good time and nobody is going to ruin it. We have found over the years the best way to enjoy a cruise and make the most of it, it to participate as much as you can. Oh, and don't forget the Quest!

Go to some of the bars and hear the individual entertainment not just the entertainment at the big shows. My other thing and it's just my thing is to sit out some where and just enjoy watching the water. I never spend enough time doing that. That may sound goofy but I enjoy it.

The one thing we do now after years of cruising is NOT over-plan!!! We tried to do it all, see it all on our early sailings and were exhausted by the end of the week.

The one thing we do always do is have FUN! Make lemonade out of any lemons that come our way and enjoy.

My other thing and it's just my thing is to sit out some where and just enjoy watching the water. I never spend enough time doing that. That may sound goofy but I enjoy it.

I love this, I love watching the water. This may sound crazy, but this is my favorite thing of cruising. Being out in the middle of all that ocean blue beauty.

;)

The one thing I have to remind myself to do is stop and enjoy myself. I spend months planning before we leave making sure that each and every detail is covered so I would have to say don't worry about that stuff it always seems to take care of itself somehow just get a deck chair snuggle up with your SO and enjoy the wonderfully calming ocean.

I love that on a cruise, you can do absolutely nothing! I like being pampered, and I love having a frozen drink in the afternoon, sitting in the sun and watching the ocean as we float by! It's the only time I can get my husband to just sit!

I'm not sure I would enjoy a cold weather itinerary--even tho I'm sure Alaska is beautiful. My thing is the heat and the sun and as few clothes as possible!

Make it a threesome....you, balcony and the deep blue sea.;)

If you dont have a balcony room, you will be able to find some "alone" time on one of the decks at different times of the day.

Dont underestimate the power of this....it is wonderful.:)

My favorites......Getting up early and watching us arrive in port with a cup of coffee. Of course, all on my own aft balcony :). I also really love Chops and Portofino's.

I'm afraid I can't give just one.

Making new friends in the anticipation of an upcoming cruise through this board and Rollcalls.

Making new friends on the ship at dinner; we always get a large table and share our week with "Tablemates". I still keep in touch with a lot of friends I've made over the years.

I LOVE THE OCEAN!! That's why I cruise. Enjoying the sea from my balcony, the rhythm, the sway, the wake and the spray. AAAAAAAAHHH......:cool:

EAT, EAT, EAT..... Some people will disagree, but I have always said, "If you don't gain 5 pounds on a cruise, you didn't have a good enough time."

The other is the night life..... We are lovers who love to dance, and a cruise offers the most opportunities and varieties for that every night.

EEENNNJJJOOOYYY!!!

Sunrise on my balcony, sunset in the Viking Crown, daily sessions in the sauna and steam room, a glass of wine in the Champagne Bar before dinner.

And sleeping with the balcony door open so the sound of the sea can lull me to sleep....

A must do.................do what you want!!! Even though I'm traditionally an organized person, I'm always living by the clock it seems. Because of that,I tend not to want to follow schedules on a vacation....if I can help it. Since cruising allows for much flexibility, take advantage of seeing what's scheduled on the planner for that day, and DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!

I didn't go to all the shows, but went to Quest (overrated....but funny), the commedians (great) and two of the larger shows (wonderful).

I want to decide what to do day by day..........and sometimes to just veg.

I love this, I love watching the water. This may sound crazy, but this is my favorite thing of cruising. Being out in the middle of all that ocean blue beauty.

;)

My feelings exactly. Nothing can help decompress from the rigors and stress of life like the sight and sounds of the ocean. Oh yeah...those sunrises and sunsets are just awesome too. :D

Laura- I know that you will have a wonderful time! Go with the notion that you will have the best time that you have ever had in your life - then ignore anything that isn't perfect and enjoy everything that is.

Watch at least 1 sunrise, the evening lightening shows, have coffee standing outside, view a sunset.

Have a wonderful adventure - it is the start of a new life. Jan

In addition to everything everyone else said - take some time to look at the art on the ship. Not the auctions, but the art displayed throughout the ship. There's some really cool stuff.

I'm with the "ocean watchers" myself...I never fail to see pods of dolphins and schools of flying fish in the late afternoon. Very cool!

Sorry, I have a few--

If you have a balony, sleep every night with the door open. I slept like a baby!!

Ignore and stay away from all of the grouchy people.

Chill out near the helicopter pad.

On the Navigator hang out at Bolero's and do some salsa.

Spend some time on the ship while it's in port. You'll feel as if you have the ship all to yourself.

If you go to Ocho Rios there is a local fishing village right next to Margaritaville. Dave cooked me lobster in coconut milk and it was the best I've ever had!! Yum!! It's great talking to the natives versus going to a place that I can go to in the States. Everyone that we met over there was just awesome.

Smile and respect the crew!!

Archived