"Enhanced" 2/25/24 Panama Canal

PugM0m

Just thought I would do a quick FYI to any other cruisers, who decided to stay on this cruise after Royal "enhanced" it to remove the reason I booked it in the first place. Make sure they fixed your price online. Once I agreed to stay on this cruise, they sent me a new receipt showing instead of owing the $1010.22 from the canal transit to owing $810.22, but when I went online this past week to pay on my balance...they still showed me owing the $1010.22. I had to call C & A to get it fixed. I also can't believe they still have not gotten around to putting any shore excursions for us to look at. 😢 My husband and I are starting to think we made a huge mistake, staying on this cruise. 

• Like 1

My husband and I were on this cruise March 16th and switched to Odyssey Southern Caribbean after the alleged enhancement. We are also second guessing our decision. Switched out of fear they would cancel  the original cruise altogether but now that it seems to be a go I’m a little sad. I really wanted to go to Cartegena. I guess there is no perfect  scenario. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 9:41 PM, Husky1987 said:

So they took away the one reason you booked the cruise...and you think you made a mistake staying on the cruise?

Interesting.

We looked at changing to a different cruise when the "enhancement" was announced but none of the other itineraries available for our 40th wedding anniversary, were any more interesting, than what was being offered, so it was easier to just stay on the original, and not have to pay to change flights and find hotels and all of that. We are still going to at least get a partial transit thru the Panama Canal, as I booked a small boat trip, which I have read, is actually much more interesting than doing it on a huge cruise ship.  Still going to be on a cruise in the warmth instead of in Illinois in February.😆 So I guess it is what it is, just a little frustrated with the situation.

On 10/11/2023 at 8:17 PM, GJClay said:

My husband and I were on this cruise March 16th and switched to Odyssey Southern Caribbean after the alleged enhancement. We are also second guessing our decision. Switched out of fear they would cancel  the original cruise altogether but now that it seems to be a go I’m a little sad. I really wanted to go to Cartegena. I guess there is no perfect  scenario. 

Isn't that always the case? When the "enhancement" was announced I looked at other cruises to move to, but since this is for our 40th wedding anniversary, we couldn't find any other cruises that were any better, to us, than what we booked. I figured, ehhh, if I stay on this I don't have to rebook flights, research and find hotels or any of that. And still was able to book a small boat partial transit. But now, after it is too late, I have started 2nd guessing my choice. I too am now worrying they might decide they don't have enough passengers to make it worth their while. I wander if anyone on CC has had Royal cancel an unpopular itinerary, at the last minute? I have been looking online and it seems like there are alot of empty cabins.