How do CruiseTours Work?

fsa1155

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how the CruiseTours work?  We are looking at an 11 day cruise tour in Alaska.  Would the hotels, transports and food be included in the price of the trip or would that be completely separate?  We've never done a trip like this before.  We've only done the cruise portion.  Thanks for any info you can give me.

Hotels and transport are included.  Some meals may be included but best to plan on having a meal budget. In some instances, they may offer additional activities that you would have to pay for.  We had options for rafting or a helicopter trip for example.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fsa1155 said:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how the CruiseTours work?  We are looking at an 11 day cruise tour in Alaska.  Would the hotels, transports and food be included in the price of the trip or would that be completely separate?  We've never done a trip like this before.  We've only done the cruise portion.  Thanks for any info you can give me.

We also did an eleven day land and cruise vaca. Four day land tour from Anchorage to Seward, and seven day cruise from Seward to Vancouver. Day transportation, hotels,  breakfast and lunch were included, . Supper/dinner we were on our own.Daily activities i.e.train ride, rafting trip, Alaska Zoo, gondola ride, etc., were also included.This was a few years back, so things may,and probably have, changed. Happy Cruising!!

You might want to spend some time on the Alaska Ports of Call forum.  Look at past and current trip reports to get a feel for the various itineraries and options. 

Alaska Cruises Q&A: Find Tips & Recommendations - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

An 11 day trip is only 3 days on land so easy enough to plan your own, via rental car, train or bus.  Alaska is very easy to get around DIY ... there are few hwys and they're only 2 lanes. I've gone several times by rental car and motorhome. Even as a female senior with zero sense of direction, I survived all my 2 week adventures!

The company that runs the major busline in Alaska also organizes land packages using the bus, or train or a combination.  They might offer more flexibility than the cruiseline. 

Alaska Vacations 2023 / 2024 | Best Vacation Packages | AlaskaTravel.com

1 hour ago, fsa1155 said:

Hello,

NCL-AK-Cruisetour-Brochure-May2022-27302

5 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

We also did an eleven day land and cruise vaca. Four day land tour from Anchorage to Seward, and seven day cruise from Seward to Vancouver. Day transportation, hotels,  breakfast and lunch were included, . Supper/dinner we were on our own.Daily activities i.e.train ride, rafting trip, Alaska Zoo, gondola ride, etc., were also included.This was a few years back, so things may,and probably have, changed. Happy Cruising!!

We just did a southbound Authentic Alaska cruisetour. Hotels, most excursions, and transportation are all that is included. All meals are on your own and they are expensive. That said we had microwaves and in some cases full kitchens so you can shop in grocery stores and not go out saving money.

• Like 2