Old folks on HAL

electro

1 hour ago, mawvkysc said:

How wonderful! I’ll be on that cruise as well celebrating (a little early 😉) our 30th! 

Happy Anniversary to you. Hope we get to meet you on board. 
  We’ll be in Praia di Vitoria Terceira, Azores for our special day. 
see you soon🛳

5 hours ago, bennybear said:

This is so true, and people underestimate people to their loss.   This happened to a friends father,  at a car dealership.   He was ignored and bought two brand new vehicles at the next dealership.  He could easily have bought both dealerships.   

I have a buddy who owns a dealership in a rural area and he says they never "pre- qualify" anyone who comes in.  They may have just sold a herd of cattle and are ready to buy two new trucks.

"Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A friend who used to work at a local auto dealership tells the story that while working late one evening, near closing time, they saw a man looking at cars.   No-one wanted to go see him.  My friend said, "I'll go."  Turns out he sold a car that night to one of baseball's best hitters and all around good guys ever.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pickalily, Wilts said:

We were on a Celebrity cruise about a decade ago.  One evening in the MDR we were seated at a table for 8 when another British couple arrived late to fill the 2 vacant seats.  The woman of the couple immediately loudly announced that it was their 37th cruise - the fifth one that year.  (No one had asked how many cruises they'd taken.)  She then proceeded to relate how awful most of those cruises had been.

I think I would've asked her why she kept cruising if it was so awful.  And then I would've asked for another table.

Such negativity is toxic.

• Like 2