Regent - Unreasonable Air Itineraries - Never Again

Golfess

11 hours ago, danibethb said:

Because we have not received our passports, we cannot do anything regarding flights. That was the reply I received from Regent this morning.

I might have already posted this remark, but I suspect the problem with deviating your flights is that Regent requires passport info for the airlines and if that changes after you book a flight there is a $500 pp charge for them to update this.  That may be the reason you can't book flights without passport info.  Once you get your passports, call Custom Air and see if you can book then.  Deviation is NO MORE than 210 prior to the cruise.  You can call them anytime AFTER the 210 days.  Also if you Deviate with Regent and arrive on the "normal" day, i.e. a day before with Concierge or above, or day of cruise if not, the I believe you can still take advantage of Regent transportation to the hotel or port.  If you deviate to arrive early (say a couple of days) then of course you're on your own for transport.  However if you use the included hotel room, no matter when you arrive to the hotel, you will be given transport from the hotel.  We always deviate our flights.  We deviated at the end of a cruise, but since we were going directly to the airport from the ship, we were able to use Regent's transport.  However we ended up not going on the cruise due to Covid, but transport to the airport was included in our final docs.  

Just ask your TA to make sure that is all arranged.  Also, if you end up not deviating, and get a ridiculous air itinerary, call Regent Air and explain your situation and request changes and see what they can do.  Many people here have done so successfully.  

• Like 1