Virtuosa Single Studio Balcony Cabins

lovetoholiday

20 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Realizing that Meraviglia is not quite the same class of ship, @JamieLogicalwill be sailing in one  on the 24th, doing a Live from…. EM

Virtuosa is a Meraviglia-Plus class ship, so I imagine they would be pretty similar, but from what I understand, rather than a simple sofa bed, the Meraviglia-Plus ships have one of those couches that converts into a bunk bed.

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Virtuosa is a Meraviglia-Plus class ship, so I imagine they would be pretty similar, but from what I understand, rather than a simple sofa bed, the Meraviglia-Plus ships have one of those couches that converts into a bunk bed.

Thanks it does say on the deck plan, bunk bed.  I really don't want to be climbing into a bunk bed or having a really narrow single bed. That probably explains the reasonable price compared to the usual extortionate one.

39 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Thanks it does say on the deck plan, bunk bed.  I really don't want to be climbing into a bunk bed or having a really narrow single bed. That probably explains the reasonable price compared to the usual extortionate one.

It would definitely be a twin (single) bed no matter what. I think you could probably not have it lifted up into the bunk bed configuration and just have the "top" bunk made up as a bed while the couch was in its normal configuration.

10 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Oh, thank you so much, that's exactly what I wanted to see.  Not for me.  Will keep looking....

Could be worse, you could be in a couple and get assigned that room like the guy in the video! I can't imagine two people in that tiny room.  I think it will be fine for me by myself, but I could see where the bed situation would be offputting to anyone who has any back issues, mobility issues, just likes to spread out while they're sleeping, etc.

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Could be worse, you could be in a couple and get assigned that room like the guy in the video! I can't imagine two people in that tiny room.  I think it will be fine for me by myself, but I could see where the bed situation would be offputting to anyone who has any back issues, mobility issues, just likes to spread out while they're sleeping, etc.

I'll look out for your 'live from' 

I don't have any issues as such, just reached an age where I like a wee bit of space.  The balcony did look good though, so maybe I could put up with it for a week. Decisions decisions.