Sailing on Liberty 3/26 - What do you want me to find out?

Bowlersbus

Ok, here's your opportunity to find out what ever it is that you've wanted to know and haven't found on these boards.

I am sailing the Liberty - 6 Day Western - March 26th

If there is something that you've been dying to know, ask it here. I am taking a journal and will get as much info as possible.

I know there have been times when I've wanted to know something and couldn't find the answer.

So ask away,

I would like to know who the Cruise Director is, as well as the name of the person performing in the Piano Bar.

I'm not sailing the Liberty, but I have met a CD and Piano Bar person who were scheduled for the Liberty, want to know if they're there.

Thanks a million!

Hi Bowlersbus!

Thank you for the kind offer!

I am wondering if you could check to see if there are any singles events scheduled on your sailing? I have not seen any listed in the Liberty Capers from past cruises that a couple of other CC'ers have posted.

On my last cruise, I felt like the only one aboard that wasn't sailing as half of a couple. This time I would like to meet up with some others like me! If you don't see any such events, and you have the time and inclination, would you mind mentioning to the CD or CD staff that we on the 1 April cruise would enjoy something like this?

Thank you so much and have a FANTASTIC cruise!

Thanks for offering to get info for us anxious cruisers!

Our TA told us that there are actually 4 dinner seatings=6pm. 6: 15 pm, 8 pm and 8:15. 2 dinner seatings in each dining room. We opted for the 8 pm. First, I would like to know if this is true and second-what is the largest table seating-is it 10 or 12. We will be with a group of 12.

Again , thanks so much for want to help us cruisers.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for offering to get info for us anxious cruisers!

Our TA told us that there are actually 4 dinner seatings=6pm. 6: 15 pm, 8 pm and 8:15. 2 dinner seatings in each dining room. We opted for the 8 pm. First, I would like to know if this is true and second-what is the largest table seating-is it 10 or 12. We will be with a group of 12.

Again , thanks so much for want to help us cruisers.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes that is correct for the dining times. Not sure of biggest table- know there is one for 8, but there might be bigger.

Hi - We're sailing on the Liberty in November. If you go on any of the excusrions I'd love to hear what you think. Also don't know what floor you are on.....however, everyone is talking about the noises that you hear from below (we are on level 6). Is your room center ship, aft??? Let us know. Thanks so much for the opportunity to ask. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the offer. Rescue165 had a couple I would have asked.

Please see if there's a 4 or 5 piece Philippino band playing in one of the lounges. They play oldies and usually have the name "MUSIC" in their band name. ;)

Hi Planktonic1 Im also on the april 1 st cruise iam with a singles group we are 100+ but if you don't book with the group you can't partisipate in our activities.Carnival usually has a single event in the disco the first night and at certain bars during the week.I know some of us will be at the carnival activities.

jen/ct

Thanks for the offer. I would like to know the difference between the two dining rooms. Is one "nicer" or more preferred for some reason over the other? What are the dinner times in each?

Enjoy your cruise!

Missyal

Ok, here's your opportunity to find out what ever it is that you've wanted to know and haven't found on these boards.

I am sailing the Liberty - 6 Day Western - March 26th

If there is something that you've been dying to know, ask it here. I am taking a journal and will get as much info as possible.

I know there have been times when I've wanted to know something and couldn't find the answer.

So ask away,

Please find out if John Heald will still be the CD on April 15th sailing. I know he's not doing the April 23rd to the Med, but I'd like to see hiim on board for our cruise. I've heard so much about him that he's one of the cruise experiences I'm looking forward to. :)

Hi - We're sailing on the Liberty in November. If you go on any of the excusrions I'd love to hear what you think. Also don't know what floor you are on.....however, everyone is talking about the noises that you hear from below (we are on level 6). Is your room center ship, aft??? Let us know. Thanks so much for the opportunity to ask. Enjoy your cruise!

karen, we have 6 balconies in a row - and 2 insides right across from us. We span from 6387-6403 Starboard - Mid ship with 6401 & 6405 (insides). I can't imagine what noise there would be there.

If you have your cabin already let me know, I'll look to see whats above or below it.

I am a picture taker to the nth degree. I ABHOR the standard pics. As a matter of fact CRUSIESTATEROOM.com used 15 of my previous pics from the Navigator & Carribean Princess. I take pics of the closet space, drawer depth, bathroom shower & tub size. LOL Again, like I told Karen if you have a specific cabin you want me to get a shot of or something on the ship, let me know.

I will try to get much info on excusions, as I can we are NOT using Carnival for Costa Maya or Grand Cayman.

I will most definitely get the Diningroom answers, that was one thing that bothered me when booking. There was NO Info on it anywhere.

Anything else?

Just got off the 3/12/06 Western sailing. We ate dinner in the Golden Dining room (the one that is forward on the ship) lower level and ate lunch once in the Silver Dining room.

Loved the Golden but they really pack the people in there. Very little room for the dining staff to move in.

The lunch in the Silver was bad (we were underway and not docked). The food was ok the experience was bad.

We ate at a table that was literally at the back end of the ship. HORRIBLE vibration and noise. Vibration would have been untolerable for 6 dinners, it was just annoying for lunch. The noise level was annoying, not so loud you you couldn't talk over it but very noticable.

We ate with people at lunch that had rooms at the rear of the ship lower floors and complained of horrible room vibrations during our docking in Freeport. My room was near the front of the ship (2287) and it was perfect all week (except for when the Fantasy greeted us in Freeport with several loud horn blasts at 6 in the morning.)

My TV on the Liberty had front RCA input jacks. I did not test them to see if they were operational.

We were on the same sailing and did test our front input jacks. We were able to hook up our portable DVD player so our DD could watch a movie on the tv.

Just got off the 3/12/06 Western sailing. We ate dinner in the Golden Dining room (the one that is forward on the ship) lower level and ate lunch once in the Silver Dining room.

Loved the Golden but they really pack the people in there. Very little room for the dining staff to move in.

The lunch in the Silver was bad (we were underway and not docked). The food was ok the experience was bad.

We ate at a table that was literally at the back end of the ship. HORRIBLE vibration and noise. Vibration would have been untolerable for 6 dinners, it was just annoying for lunch. The noise level was annoying, not so loud you you couldn't talk over it but very noticable.

We ate with people at lunch that had rooms at the rear of the ship lower floors and complained of horrible room vibrations during our docking in Freeport. My room was near the front of the ship (2287) and it was perfect all week (except for when the Fantasy greeted us in Freeport with several loud horn blasts at 6 in the morning.)

We did not have the same experience in the Silver Dining Room. We ate there at the 5:45 seating for 6 nights and one breakfast. I felt a little movement, but there was no annoying or disrupting noise. Our table was on the starboard side, sort of close to the front of the dining room.

Also wondering about room service on disembarkation day.

I'd like some info on the disembarkation procedures too...

-what are the timeframes for self assist

-what are the timeframes for regular disembarkation

-do they always call decks from the top of the ship down

Thank you very much for offering to help us all!

Thanks for your offer :) I'm curious to see if you will have any problem opening up the privacy dividers on the balconys. My TA told me yesterday that some people have been injured by the dividers and they frown upon opening them now so we shouldn't count on being able to do that. I'm also interested in the differences between the dining rooms. We are also going on the 6-day Liberty cruise so of course I'm interested in any excursions you might take. Also would like to know the waterslide hours. Thanks again!

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

Archived