Look Who's in the Canal Today (part 2)

Essiesmom

Well, it sounds like I won't likely see Azamara, but maybe somewhere else before or after Panama.  So are all those ice cream shops and whatnot on Perico Island open at night?  Is there a shuttle over to them from where the ship docks? Are we likely to be allowed off the ship if we arrive at 8 PM?  And does Panama come on the ship to clear all the passengers, or how does that work?  Anybody know?  I may be quite content to just have a nice meal on the ship after the canal transit entertainment/activity, but I'm still curious.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I was going to post a similar picture of this mornings fog jam.  Even though fog is the transit schedulers nemesis, in this case it might even be welcomed.  Fog often times settles in Gaillard Cut during the overnight and is more frequent during Rainy Season, so the return of the fog is another good indication the forecasters prediction of the return of Rainy Season is correct.  While it may be a little premature to declare an end to the water crisis, things a certainly looking up.  Rains have been sufficient enough to raise the draft limit and to increase the number of daily transits.  Both Gatun Lake and Madden (Alhajuela) lake levels have been increasing.

• Like 1