Allure of the Seas Review - Oct 8-15 Sailing

msperry27

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic."

msperry27 was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

Hello!  This will be my first post on the boards but have enjoyed reading reviews others have posted and wanted to contribute. It will be short, but sweet. I just recently returned from the Oct 8 - 15 sailing on the Allure of the Seas and had the best time!  I went with a group of friends to celebrate a 40th birthday. I was worried after reading some reviews of the food in the MDR, but I have to say, dinner each night was delicious!  No complaints at all.  The service was great and we thoroughly enjoyed everything the ship had to offer. We did Chops one day for lunch and the filet was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious.  The ship is the largest one I have ever sailed on but the way it is set up helps with the crowds.  It didn't feel too crowded other than the usual elevators around debarkation times.  We had reservations to the shows we wanted to go to and no problems with seating.  We arrived about 30 minutes early for any trivia/game shows we wanted to attend and were able to get seats for 6 with no problem.  I would highly recommend this ship!  Thanks for reading. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Re the MDR food, taste is subjective but I found potion sizes tended to be less than before, on my Sep 24 cruise. The vegetarian stuffed mushroom was just one portabello with a thin layer of stuffing, nothing else. I had to add the fried chicken entree and that was two tiny pieces. Steak sizes were ok though.

8 minutes ago, toras said:

Re the MDR food, taste is subjective but I found potion sizes tended to be less than before, on my Sep 24 cruise. The vegetarian stuffed mushroom was just one portabello with a thin layer of stuffing, nothing else. I had to add the fried chicken entree and that was two tiny pieces. Steak sizes were ok though.

Coming up to Halloween the potion sizes will be very relevant - eye of newt 🕷️ 

🧙🏻‍♀️ 

• Haha 2

Yes, cooking staff or corporate don’t understand that vegetarian and vegan portions need to be larger, not smaller. V/V folks aren’t on a weight loss diet. The calories provided by most v/v entrees are not sufficient with the size they provide. Especially with the options for other courses being limited. 

• Like 2

On 10/17/2023 at 8:10 PM, toras said:

We typically order two entrees each in the MDR to avoid this. It's not an upcharge, so why not, right?

On 10/17/2023 at 11:49 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks for sharing. I'll be on Allure in 8 days when she relocates to Port Canaveral.

We're not big MDR fans but glad to hear you enjoyed the food there.

Go down to deck 3 dining room and ask for Jacob the head waiter. He is great and get him to seat you around table #8 with Mari and Gman in the back. Best on the ship! Tell them Chris and Jamie from a

few sailings ago say hi and that we miss them.