Ship Preference

Marymcgol1

Just off our first Oceania cruise on Marina and are already looking forward to our next!  The itineraries we are most interested in are on the smaller R class ships.  I know they are all similar, but is one of these 3 “better”. Sirena, Nautica or Regatta?  Thanks for your advice

4 minutes ago, Marymcgol1 said:

Just off our first Oceania cruise on Marina and are already looking forward to our next!  The itineraries we are most interested in are on the smaller R class ships.  I know they are all similar, but is one of these 3 “better”. Sirena, Nautica or Regatta?  Thanks for your advice

Sirena  has  Red Ginger  & Tuscan Steak

The other 2  have Toscana  & Polo

Go for the itinerary

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Marymcgol1 said:

The ships are identical except the Sirena has different Specialty Restaurants.

Nautica was the last , of the three, to be refurbished, so might be a bit shinier, but Oceania maintains all their ships well.

Except as above, absolutely no difference but itinerary.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harters said:

I've only done two cruises - one on Marina, the other on Nautica. I enjoyed Nautica but, on balance, prefer the larger ship. Vista for us  next year. 

We're torn:  For example, Bermuda on Vista means tying up at the Dockyard, while Nautica would fit at Front Street.   On the other hand, there's those non-suite showers on Nautica.

2 hours ago, Snaefell3 said:

We're torn:  For example, Bermuda on Vista means tying up at the Dockyard, while Nautica would fit at Front Street.   On the other hand, there's those non-suite showers on Nautica.

1. Even in a suite, I often shower and shave in the Spa facilities on an R ship.

2. Bermuda is a wonderful place to visit, with great restaurants, and easily reached by air from the States. I can’t imagine passing up their great hotels ( with triple the space of cruise ships) and terrific restaurants with local flair and fresh food for ship’s food. 

8 hours ago, Marymcgol1 said:

Well, to be precise, the "3" is actually 4 - Insignia is also an R-Class ship nearly identical to the other 3.

3 hours ago, Harters said:

I'd read about them on the forum so we did book a PH for Nautica. Concierge coming up on Vista. 

Good choice, regular cabins are fine on O or A class, PH and above for optimum comfort on R class.