Vibe - Sold Out - Availability on Board - Recent Experiences

acrbag

On 10/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, acrbag said:

Hi All,

Apologies as I know this has been asked before but looking for any recent experiences. Vibe Beach Club has been sold out for our upcoming cruise for a while. Has anyone had any luck recently with buying passes once onboard (ie they hold some back)? Looking to see if we should get to the port early to secure. 

Thanks!

I'd recommend you check on the day final payment is due for your cruise. 

On 10/24/2023 at 2:15 PM, trivia addict said:

Last June on the Joy, Vibe passes were sold out months before boarding, but we were able to snag a few as soon as we boarded. We were told that a few are kept in reserve for boarding day.

We did NOT go to guest services. The passes were being given out at a table set up in the Teepenyaki restaurant.

Trivia Addict's daughter here -- after having a great experience with the Vibe that past February (but not used as well as we hoped, it snowed on our trip from LA to Enesanda!), I checked every day online for Vibe passes from February to June (and I do mean every day!) - no luck. Hearing that "once sold out online, they're gone" I shifted my mindset to not having the Vibe to Bermuda (still going to Bermuda, who could complain?) 

We didn't plan on getting to the port so early in June, but our car pick up was over an hour earlier than scheduled. We had a Club Suite so while not first to board, we were one of the first. 

We sat down at Mixx and I told my mom I was going to just check Teppenaki *just* to make sure. I was shocked to see Vibe passes still available and I got into line. I was told they hold 10-20% back for onboard passes.

We were one of the last people to get passes, I think they cut off the line 3 people after me. It was not yet noon, we boarded around 11:15

So if you don't have passes, getting to be one of the first on board, and do not pass go, do not collect $200, do not go to guest services as stated (I heard someone behind me say "well if they told me to come HERE first I would have gotten one!"), and may the odds be in your favor.

The Joy will expand her Vibe footprint during her dry dock in February, taking over the laser tag space and making it two levels, so there will be more chances for all next season 🙂

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2023 at 4:06 PM, D_And_K_gocruising said:

Holy crap, the escape only has 75 passes?  That's insane!!  (coming from a couple that has vibe passes lol)

Yeah, that helps to know - our sailing has been sold out for months, but there is also a very large group of solos on this one, and I'm betting the 35 of them got Vibe passes.  Sigh.  No Vibe for me!!

I'm on the Bliss sailing out of Miami on Dec 4th and the Vibe has been unavailable to book for a couple of months.  Well I happen to look again today with 7 days to go (I was told to watch it, just in case) and I was able to book Vibe.  I don't know if someone cancelled or they were holding some or if they released some that they had held, but at least 1 was available today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, InFullertonCA said:

I'm on the Bliss sailing out of Miami on Dec 4th and the Vibe has been unavailable to book for a couple of months.  Well I happen to look again today with 7 days to go (I was told to watch it, just in case) and I was able to book Vibe.  I don't know if someone cancelled or they were holding some or if they released some that they had held, but at least 1 was available today.

Wonderful!    It paid off checking again.   

25 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

Is vibe still worth it on port intensive itineraries? 

Personal decision.

If it's port intensive and you plan on getting off the ship for every port and staying off all day, it's probably not worth it.

We are sailing Getaway for 10 days in April and booked Vibe even though there are 5 or 6 stops, as we won't be getting off at every port and love to spend our days, predominantly outside near hot tubs and a bar. Lmao!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, D_And_K_gocruising said:

That'll be up to the person going.. And I think really depends on where the cruise is going weather wise.. I think that would be more of a decision maker. 

We're doing a NYE and (10 year anniversary) cruise on the Encore to the eastern Caribbean. It's my first cruise on NCL since the Norway in 1995 or so. Typically we cruise Royal in a suite and have access to the suite deck.

39 minutes ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

We got it for our Viva sailing this December out of San Juan.  We hit a port every day (no sea days).  But when you look closer, we don't get into one port till mid-day, we leave another port in early afternoon, we probably won't leave the ship in St. Thomas, and our favorite time there is late afternoon or early evening before dinner hanging at the bar.  There is always a group that hangs out during that time frame.  

So, for us, we believe it'll be worth it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

I will let you know.  I'm on a 15 day cruise and we have about 1/2 sea days (anticipating not porting in Acapulco due to storm damage - earlier itineraries have skipped it and made it a sea day instead).

This will be my first time with a Vibe pass and since it sold out so early it became sort of a "fear of missing out" thing for me.  I've read nothing but positive reports about it so I decided to book it when I saw it was once again available.  

I did the Free at Sea Plus upgrade as well so I'll try to use some of those unlimited internet minutes to update this thread while on board.

• Like 1