Embarkation Day- Are Nice Shorts/Shirts acceptable Weather Permitting?

kkelley

1 minute ago, kkelley said:

Is it acceptable wearing dress shorts/collared shirts for men during disembarkation?

Weather permitting?

As far as I know yes.  Lots of that at the Caribbean cruise.  Dress codes don't kick in till 6pm.

• Like 2

Absolutely. If you find yourself embarking in the evening the world cafe doesn't have a dress code other than no sports wear, but even that is usually relaxed at breakfast as everyone is dressed for their various excursions. 

The restaurant tends to be a bit less casual

Judging by the Grand European river cruise we just completed, anything goes...

There was a guy who, in all sorts of weather--cold, rainy--wore wrinkled khaki shorts and flip flops every day of the cruise. I have no doubt it was the *same* pair of shorts, too. Yuck.

On the first night of our Caribbean cruise, our bags were late getting to the stateroom, and I was wearing jeans; the host at Chef's Table sat us without any trouble at all.

I was told on embarkation day and the evening before disembarking that they let the dress codes slide.  I know on the WC on embarkation day, a group of us were going into The Restaurant.  One in the party had one jeans and went to go change.  The receptionist told us they let it slide on these 2 days as they assumed people had not yet unpacked (or had packed for disembarking).

• Like 1