"Live"  Enchanted Princess, 26 Days, Nov 12th to Dec 8th, Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale (+ Madrid Pre-Cruise)

LACruiser88

Tonight we had dinner at The Catch.  It was one of the best meals we have ever had on a cruise.  We will definitely be returning multiple times during this voyage!

20231115_195418.thumb.jpg.6eb4c533b5116efa7f27957c20b4d842.jpg

20231115_190525.thumb.jpg.791110c6de438fc7fa51cd21a59bb192.jpg

20231115_190534.thumb.jpg.ce7bb25fe4c27abca83c64c0b0be469d.jpg

Amuse Bouche: Olive and Eggplant Caponata with whipped goat cheese.

20231115_191443.thumb.jpg.7b01b6b09e36d68c94f6149f25e0d0f6.jpg

Appetizer: Seafood Tower of tuna tartar in chile oil, salmon tartar and crab claw.

20231115_192950.thumb.jpg.f20c041a657d428c0db82e04a9de7553.jpg

20231115_193021.thumb.jpg.3040380276adac9ab2c0a6b78f5ce3fb.jpg

We both had the Catch of the Day, Grilled Swordfish with Parmesan Fries.

20231115_195401.thumb.jpg.80fd7064dff219a7c3ebae4ab9f73589.jpg

Dessert: Chantilly Lace (Best Dessert Ever!)

20231115_202757.thumb.jpg.a1a19b1d9b0c5ba300327e467937382b.jpg

And Crepes Suzette with Vanilla Ice Cream!

20231115_202814.thumb.jpg.592286b4ceafff97c0dbf004251f2d0f.jpg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Youshould be able to scan the QR code on the receipt on my post above.  If that does not work, Google LivornoCitySightseeing.  We used a credit card, I didn't see anyone paying in cash.

Thank you ever so. We are so looking forward to this trip. It is my hubby’s 65th birthday, retirement and our 25th anniversary trip. We are foodies and love to travel and explore new places. This will be our fourth cruise this year. Can’t wait to explore this part of our world. Again thank you.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Toottoot22 said:

Thank you for the info…… is there a website where we could view the info on the  three different routes, Pisa, Florence or Pisa/Florence. Also is it better to use money( euros) vs a credit card? This is our first trip to this part of the world and we want to make the process go smoothly. We are boarding the ship in Rome after spending 2 nights there after flying in early to avoid the holiday travel madness. Thank you in advance. Paul and Jaci

@Toottoot22 I found this, I think this is the website for buses out from Livorno to different places (39 Euros to Florence), it has discount if you order online. You can check it out. 

https://www.sightseeing-experience.com/livorno/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, fannym123 said:

@Toottoot22 I found this, I think this is the website for buses out from Livorno to different places (39 Euros to Florence), it has discount if you order online. You can check it out. 

https://www.sightseeing-experience.com/livorno/

Thank you again….. such great info. We are loving the updates you are providing as well as the pictures. It is sooooooooo helpful. Again thank you ever so. We owe you a glass of wine if we see you on board! 

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Youshould be able to scan the QR code on the receipt on my post above.  If that does not work, Google LivornoCitySightseeing.  We used a credit card, I didn't see anyone paying in cash.

Did they bring you right back to the ship or did you have to take the shuttle back to the ship from livorno 

On 11/14/2023 at 10:52 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Bingo!!!  🙂

On 11/14/2023 at 12:36 PM, wallyj said:

Hi Debbie and Rafael, nice to see you are having a great time on the Enchanted, I will get to experience this ship for the first time next May and June.

Since you have spoiled us with pics from Suite Breakfast, I assume you have received ‘special’ invite to partake so as not to confused readers who may not know, your Reserve Class Mini Suite does not entitle you to this benefit. 

I know you missed out being able to celebrate ‘750’ days milestone on previous sailing which would have extended ‘suite’ breakfast on that sailing, as you know, Princess has discontinued the milestone recognition. 

As I explained in a past thread, last year when Princess knew they were discontinuing the milestone recognition, on some ships depending on when you booked, they protected this ‘celebration’ and granted on a subsequent sailing, so hoping maybe this is the case for you or you have an ‘inside’ connection. Enjoy! And looking forward to seeing you both on another Princess ship.

B B

On 11/14/2023 at 10:52 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Bingo!!!  🙂

On 11/14/2023 at 12:36 PM, wallyj said:

Hi Debbie and Rafael, nice to see you are having a great time on the Enchanted, I will get to experience this ship for the first time next May and June.

Since you have spoiled us with pics from Suite Breakfast, I assume you have received ‘special’ invite to partake so as not to confused readers who may not know, your Reserve Class Mini Suite does not entitle you to this benefit. 

I know you missed out being able to celebrate ‘750’ days milestone on previous sailing which would have extended ‘suite’ breakfast on that sailing, as you know, Princess has discontinued the milestone recognition. 

As I explained in a past thread, last year when Princess knew they were discontinuing the milestone recognition, on some ships depending on when you booked, they protected this ‘celebration’ and granted on a subsequent sailing, so hoping maybe this is the case for you or you have an ‘inside’ connection. Enjoy! And looking forward to seeing you both on another Princess ship.

22 minutes ago, Pepes Pal said:

20 minutes ago, Pepes Pal said:

22 minutes ago, Pepes Pal said:

I'm just curious regarding the  Cruise Critic's protocols for the "Lives's"!!  How important is it for anyone to know the specific details of another passenger's good fortune, dining & benefits?   Does a passenger posting on "Live" need to detail to others their good fortune & their special  details?

I believe Rafael & Debbie are giving us a special bonus of important tour & ship details. Thank you for taking us along & congrats for the successful "Live" you are giving us.  😉

Edited by Pepes Pal
Cancel

Hi @Pepes Pal, I have personally met Debbie and Rafael and thought it was an opportunity to clarify ‘suite breakfast’ benefit as I have seen many posts on cruise critic where people have misunderstood the benefits of mini suites. 

I would assume they can ignore any queries they feel might be none of your business.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vickie_bernie said:

Did they bring you right back to the ship or did you have to take the shuttle back to the ship from livorno 

They brought us back to the ship.  Last year they took us back to the ship's shuttle drop-off and we had to take the ship's shuttle back.

• Like 3

LA cruiser 88, As usual, your trip reports are incredible! over the last few years you have provided us with great information and suggestions! Everything from annual trip insurance  to tours , we take your advice ....

we were on the Regal transatlantic   to FLL with you and follow  all your  reports very closely.

we join the Island Princess in Rome on 11/23 for 28 days and It appears you will be docked close by.   Currently in Paris for a few weeks prior to flying to Rome on the 22nd..

Thanks again and safe travels!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2023 at 3:19 PM, LACruiser88 said:

20231112_150034.thumb.jpg.bd393abc3c1cc610eefcce84399bd336.jpg

Oh, you are in Riviera 210! 😄

That view from the balcony looked so familiar.

It was my stateroom on the Regal last year in November from Rome to Barcelona.
You were on that cruise, too.

It's a very nice fwd Mini Suite, isn't it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rwest898 said:

This sounds very interesting.  What is the cost and how do you make reservations? Is it on all ships?  Thank you!

Currently, it is only on the Discovery and Enchanted (I think???).  It is by invitation or  $149 pp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rwest898 said:

This sounds very interesting.  What is the cost and how do you make reservations? Is it on all ships?  Thank you!

It is only on the Enchanted and the Discovery. It is free for full suites once per cruise. Others may attend the cost is $149 per person. It is a set menu with drink pairings and a unique visual presentation as well   The space was built into those 2 ship when constructed and I do not believe you could recreate it on any current ships without msssive construction 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1