Microwaves Machines for guest use on HAL

2LoveBikes

On 10/25/2023 at 9:27 AM, 2LoveBikes said:

Does anyone know if HAL will allow you to pop your own popcorn on the ship using the ships microwave somewhere?

depending upon the ship you are sailing, you can always go to the movie theater and snag a bag of popcorn if you are really jonesing for a bag. or buy bags of pre-popped popcorn. that is readily available on land

Why are we arguing the requirements for streaming TV in the "microwave" thread? I personally think both subjects have been beaten to death and we are now flogging personal views. If some people can make it work on their phone or tablet good for them. 

I would still prefer that cruise lines prioritize their budget on live performances. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Why are we arguing the requirements for streaming TV in the "microwave" thread? I personally think both subjects have been beaten to death and we are now flogging personal views. If some people can make it work on their phone or tablet good for them. 

I would still prefer that cruise lines prioritize their budget on live performances. 

Live performance budgets aren’t on topic either😉

Another point of view on the microwave thing.  

My observation on cruises that have spanned over 40 years is that passenger cabins are fairly small.  I'm sure I would not want to give up space in my cabin for a microwave oven just in case I was struck by the urge to have popcorn in the middle of the night.

I feel the same about coffee makers/kettles, and, more than likely, whatever new "need" pops up on Cruise Critic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I was simply re-stating an earlier comment I made when the shift to TV happened. Some people liked what I said. 

37 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I was simply re-stating an earlier comment I made when the shift to TV happened. Some people liked what I said. 

It was something I said in tandem with an appropriate popcorn statement and was challenged mightily about streaming.  I, like you, said something like popcorn is great but how about coffee pots and streaming.  That led a couple of engineering types to worry over that for a while.  

• Thanks 1