Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

FWIW

A short video stream appeared on YT for a short while and has now been removed.  It seemed to be of a party in a ballroom’ish and a person I took to be Mikael with what might have been a bottle in his hand and was saying (I believe) that the sea trials were a success and the words “next week” I believe were sort of discernible.  

It might have been removed because it was difficult to understand, but appears to be a celebration.

Take what I say with a pinch of salt for the time being.  

I’m sure they’ll be some clarity soon. 

Jeff

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

FWIW

A short video stream appeared on YT for a short while and has now been removed.  It seemed to be of a party in a ballroom’ish and a person I took to be Mikael with what might have been a bottle in his hand and was saying (I believe) that the sea trials were a success and the words “next week” I believe were sort of discernible.  

It might have been removed because it was difficult to understand, but appears to be a celebration.

Take what I say with a pinch of salt for the time being.  

I’m sure they’ll be some clarity soon. 

Jeff

Mike and a bottle in his hand? Sounds about right. 🤣

14 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Mike and a bottle in his hand? Sounds about right. 🤣

Sorry I meant FB!

It was difficult to see as it was a small screen and he was distant, but I think the bottle was unopened and he was about to present to someone?  Anyway ….

There was a dozen or so posts below it saying basically “great news” before it was all removed.  

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

1 hour ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

In all those years only time I saw tow lines when there was a problem - front tug pulls and  back tug was used to slow or reverse.

Those tugs are what is known as "tractor tugs", which have either azipod type propulsion or cycloidal propulsion that makes them far more maneuverable than older tugs, allowing the tugs to maneuver the ship using long lines, keeping the tug and the ship from damaging each other while working alongside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandiego1 said:

Despite the naysayers, the ship has passed the sea tests. They expect to set sail this week. 

Naysayers? 🤣 We are just going with what is available - and that has not been good.
One of the things is this constant "this week" or  "next week" for the last 4 months - kinda like you just did. 

You should know that the MCA inspection is not scheduled until September 26. So your entire "this week" is BS again. 

On 9/19/2024 at 1:59 PM, MacMadame said:

Part II of Jenny's interview is up:

An interesting thing she said is that after a short time at a nice hotel, VVR stopped paying for and booking their hotels directly and some residents were given a per diem amount to be reimbursed later but others continued to get their hotels paid for. If I were in the former group, I'd be pretty pissed that other people were getting their hotel paid for when I wasn't.

She also said that a ton of residents were planning to embark in Miami for insurance reasons. But I don't see any port in Florida on the detailed itinerary until the end of the cruise. Was this a port that was canceled due to the delays?

She is well spoken and makes sense and it does no put VVR in a good light. Definitely lawsuit stuff.

Here are all parts....

Part1:

Part 4: