Order History question

Jose Zalfadilla

New to Celeb and 2 questions:

1. When do "reserved" items listed in Order History get charged to the card on record? I just added a 53.3% discounted upgrade from the classic to the premium drink package. 

2. Are upgrade offers offered on board also discounted?  I wonder if I might have a better than even chance of getting a bigger upgrade drink pkge discount if I wait for the offers that may come my way once on board. 

FYI: Cruise dates Nov 28-Dec 9 on Infinity.

Edited by Jose Zalfadilla
Correction

27 minutes ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

New to Celeb and 2 questions:

1. When do "reserved" items listed in Order History get charged to the card on record? I just added a 53.3% discounted upgrade from the classic to the premium drink package. 

2. Are upgrade offers offered on board also discounted?  I wonder if I might have a better than even chance of getting a bigger upgrade drink pkge discount if I wait for the offers that may come my way once on board. 

FYI: Cruise dates Nov 28-Dec 9 on Infinity.

My answers, based on my experience are:

1.  When you place the order from them an finalize payment information (how much OBC you want to use and or credit card to pay for the items).  You will receive an email receipt from Celebrity as soon as the order is processed.

2.  There are upgrade offers made onboard but my experience has been the pre-cruise offers have almost always resulted in a better deal than those onboard.  There have been exceptions to this but they are rarer in my experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like John --- and I just did it today.   When you check out after selecting items or tours you have a pop up window where you choose to use CC or OBC.   When you press submit it is immediate.    I have alerts set up on my phone and normally when I do a CC charge for an excursion I get an alert within seconds.

The same occurs when you cancel but it may take 2-3 days to get back on your credit card, for a OBC it goes back within minutes.

• Thanks 1

Well, just saw that my cart is empty and a "pending" charge for the upgrade drink pkge cost was posted on my card but no email received.  Actually, I purchased some excursions on 9/5 that were not charged to my card until 9/8, and never received an email confirming payment for those either. They do have my correct email because I received the change in itinerary that went into effect a short while ago, except that I received the email about 10 days after most people affected posted about it.

We'll see...

Maybe take some screenshots of your order history so you can show celebrity you intended to purchase in case you have any problems with you credit card - I imagine it is only a time delay with your card. Great deal, huh?😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2023 said:

Maybe take some screenshots of your order history so you can show celebrity you intended to purchase in case you have any problems with you credit card - I imagine it is only a time delay with your card. Great deal, huh?😊

You ain't kiddin' 'great deal'! I went to retrieve my Order History the only way I know how (Manage Reservation>Drink Packages>Drink Upgrades>Book Drink Packages>Select Classic to Premium Upgrade) which I find rather cumbersome, and saw the new classic to premium upgrade was now only discounted by 33.3%!! I guess checking it every day paid off for me. I did take the screenshots that show my upgrade is "booked." Thanks for the tip!

1 hour ago, 2023 said:

BTW, where and when will info pertaining to my orders or purchases (excursions, drink pkgs, etc) appear? Will it automatically be merged with all my other personal info or do I have to manually enter it? I'm new to Celeb but not to cruising. In fact, my last 12 cruises through this past August were with Princess, so I'm used to a different system for keeping track and retrieving all this info when needed.

Don’t stress it’s all there in your cruise planner - you can see all the things you’ve purchased either in your order history or under your reservations. No manual entering required. “My calendar” on the App will also have your dining reservations & excursions pre-filled for you

Edited by 2023

To see your order history:

1.  Log into you CelebrityCruises.com account.

2.  in the upper right hand corner, click on the circle with your initials on it. 

image.png.df92c75048dbfcfd2cc653bf4e7cbbf5.png

3.  In the menu that shows up, click on "Order History" 

image.thumb.png.ddeb775c0221c4c7602078a3ac03260c.png

4.  Each order to your account will be shown. You can view each by clicking on the "View details" on the far right. 

image.thumb.png.2ace9d8782c02e73317b7d00134325ba.png