SM Shore Excursions

BSR

10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Typically shore excursions can be cancelled up to 24 hours pre tour.

Be cognizant of how any cancellation can affect future tour discounts.

Thanks.  Just wanted to have the option if I book a tour now and later decide to cancel it or change to another tour that I can do this on line before the start of my cruise.

7 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Tours that were purchased with the YWYW discount (now the SM discount) cannot be cancelled by the passenger once onboard.

Very good to know. Thank you FF. I never purchased enough O shorex to come close to the YWYW discount. Won’t cruise under SM until late 25 at the earliest.

Guess the new guidance will be : choose wisely.

13 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Tours that were purchased with the YWYW discount (now the SM discount) cannot be cancelled by the passenger once onboard.

Maybe that's so with the new SM scheme but we were able to cancel YWYW excursion in July when we realized that a 7.5 hr tour was as appealing as we had thought. Fine print said it had to be done no less than 36 hours pre-tour and we still had the requisite number of tours left to maintain the YWYW prices.

25 minutes ago, britfan said:

Maybe that's so with the new SM scheme but we were able to cancel YWYW excursion in July when we realized that a 7.5 hr tour was as appealing as we had thought. Fine print said it had to be done no less than 36 hours pre-tour and we still had the requisite number of tours left to maintain the YWYW prices.

No. At the bottom of the actual tour ticket (if it is/was part of the O Life YWYW package), it clearly states that you cannot cancel a YWYW tour once onboard. Perhaps you’re confusing which tix said what or you didn’t read the whole note on the ticket. But, I know for sure that my original statement is absolutely correct about the policy that YWYW tours cannot be canceled once onboard (having purchased - several hundred YWYW tours within the last 12 months). 

That said, it may be that you were given an exception for some reason considered valid.

Perhaps so, but they didn't give us any pushback at all and the charge was credited quite quickly. The only caution was not to go below the minimum of 5 excursions. I think at the time I only checked the fine print on the physical tickets that were in the cabin for us and the only restriction mentioned was the 36 hour business. I guess we were just lucky! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, britfan said:

Perhaps so, but they didn't give us any pushback at all and the charge was credited quite quickly. The only caution was not to go below the minimum of 5 excursions. I think at the time I only checked the fine print on the physical tickets that were in the cabin for us and the only restriction mentioned was the 36 hour business. I guess we were just lucky! 

We also were able to cancel pre-purchased shore excursions on board and keep 25% discount on the rest of the tours as long as the remaining tours qualified for YWYW package.

• Like 1