Changing EZAir flight after final payment

Mflem1278

Made a change after payment but before the 45 days once because we saved a nice amount.  It resulted in a credit balance on the cruise and I had to call Princess customer service to get it refunded (the CSR transferred me to the billing folks).  I’m not sure what would have happened if I hadn’t called in or tried to call on a weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mflem1278 said:

If I understand correctly, you can change your EZAir flight up to 45 days before flight.  But that is after final payment.  Can someone explain how this works?

Please note, it is 45 days before the flight OR start of the cruise. There are cases where you might book just the return flight AFTER your cruise, so the grace period to make a flexible flight booking, depending on the length of the cruise, can be many days greater than 45 days before the flight.

If you have a flexible EZAir booking and you want to change after final payment, but still in flexible change period, just go into flights, manage my flights and make change. If you book a lower fare, it results in a credit that you usually need to tell EZAir to ‘process’ the refund so it will be credited back to your original form of payment.

• Like 1

If you go to

Cruise Personalizer > Travel > Manage Flights

There will be a box in the upper right hand corner showing the air fare.  In that box under the airfare price, the final date to make changes to your air reservation appears.

You can make changes to the air through this date.  If the new flights net you a refund after final payment, it will show a negative balance in your invoice.  Your TA/CVP or you (depending on how you booked) will have to get Princess to initiate a refund.  Make sure you save a copy of your Travel Summary reflecting the negative balance because the invoice will show zero immediately once refund is initiated.  In case, the refund doesn't go through, you will have proof that you are due a refund.  If you owe more money, EZAir will prompt you for payment on the spot before generating the new air booking.

Edited by SCX22
  • Like 1

I have a bit of a question about Ez-Air. We are going to take Ez-air from Sydney to San Francisco and we choose to come home on the day the cruise is over. Ez-air said it would be fine at 11:35am. So we booked. Now, we need to know what happens if the ship comes in late, what do they do for us. We are flying business and would they put us up in a hotel for a day or until we can get a flight or what. Never thought about this when we booked. We tried to rebook until the next day, but the price is $5000 more if we switch a day, so that is not a real option for us. Anyone know?

5 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

Now, we need to know what happens if the ship comes in late, what do they do for us.

This situation happened to my parents on the Regal Princess on 10/24/23.  The ship arrived into Fort Lauderdale a few hours late because of miscalculated currents and weather.  After the captain made the announcement of late arrival, it was stated in a letter sent to passenger cabins that anyone with air reservations through EZAir would be rebooked at no extra charge.  The new flights are at the discretion of EZAir.  My parents were not notified of their new flights until 10:00 p.m. via letter delivered to their cabin.  According to my parents this occurrence caused a frenzy at Guest Services and none of the crew in that department got any rest/breaks the entire day.   Below is the letter sent to passengers.

img755.jpg

22 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

This situation happened to my parents on the Regal Princess on 10/24/23.  The ship arrived into Fort Lauderdale a few hours late because of miscalculated currents and weather.  After the captain made the announcement of late arrival, it was stated in a letter sent to passenger cabins that anyone with air reservations through EZAir would be rebooked at no extra charge.  The new flights are at the discretion of EZAir.  My parents were not notified of their new flights until 10:00 p.m. via letter delivered to their cabin.  According to my parents this occurrence caused a frenzy at Guest Services and none of the crew in that department got any rest/breaks the entire day.   Below is the letter sent to passengers.

Nice of them to open the phone lines for free.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ombud said:

( thanks @Sn0cruiser )

Note to self: checked to see where my refund was. Voyage still overpaid 3 weeks later. So sent a msg to CVP requesting that she process 

CVP stated: "Thank you for letting me know. I will get it triggered back to you." And sure enough I have it today, 1 day later