Which ships have the Vibe Beach Club?

31 minutes ago, JGmf said:

@seemoreroyals Glad to help.  If it's there, I did not see an elevator to the Vibe or to anything on deck 19.  Need to take steps up from deck 18.  Maybe someone has a different experience?

@psuboater Maybe we'll see in the Vibe on the Joy this June.  We're on the June 2 sailing.

We're on the trip right after you!

1 hour ago, seemoreroyals said:

@JGmfI think we are about to pull the trigger on the Escape for our next cruise and with it the Escape Vibe.  Looking at the deck plans it appears vibe is on deck 19 and am trying to determine if elevators go to deck where vibe is at or if we have to use stairs last couple of decks. 

On the Prima we just got off of,  elevators drop you off just outside the vibe for easy access.   Please advise how this works to get to Escape vibe.

On the Escape, there is one forward elevator that will take you up to the Vibe deck.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

On the Escape, there is one forward elevator that will take you up to the Vibe deck.   

I’m not disagreeing, but I don’t remember that.  Where does the elevator open on that deck?  I never took an elevator to the same deck as the Vibe on the Escape.  We always walked up one deck and entered the Vibe area from the public sun deck.

Is there an elevator for The Haven that takes you that deck?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCMC100 said:

I’m not disagreeing, but I don’t remember that.  Where does the elevator open on that deck?  I never took an elevator to the same deck as the Vibe on the Escape.  We always walked up one deck and entered the Vibe area from the public sun deck.

I agree. Elevator only goes to deck 18, then you walk up one flight of stairs. 

5 hours ago, detroitlions said:

how did you like the Joy Vibe?

the joy was my first vibe experience. (they say you always remember your first.)

it was wonderful... super attentive bar staff, large bar (technically, two bars separated by a partition and kitchen entryway). great plush lounge chairs, umbrellas, lots of cookies and fruit and carafes of water. three or four very well-maintained bathrooms. two hot tubs. lots of friendly folks. never that crowded, which contrary to the belief of some, does not mean that people buy passes and never visit.. but that the vibe is only one of the things they enjoy doing on the ship.

as for an elevator to the joy's vibe: there is one forward elevator, just one, that goes up there. on 19, it's located just beyond the stairwell outside the vibe and below what is currently the laser tag area. it's difficult to catch it and even more difficult to ride it express, but lots of people usually get off at the buffet, depending on the time of day. if you are ambulatory, it is much easier to take the elevator to 18 and walk up a flight. but you can transfer on 18 and - eventually - that elevator will arrive to whisk you up one floor.

on 19, the elevator opens from the rear, which always shocks and surprises the people onboard who are not getting on or off at the vibe. and it is in a little purpose-built room.... with just one elevator... there is no bank of elevators, so it is easy to miss, if you don't know what you're looking for.

i do see some comments above about the vibe elevator on the escape... perhaps it is similarly located?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I agree. Elevator only goes to deck 18, then you walk up one flight of stairs. 

3 hours ago, UKstages said:

the joy was my first vibe experience. (they say you always remember your first.)

it was wonderful... super attentive bar staff, large bar (technically, two bars separated by a partition and kitchen entryway). great plush lounge chairs, umbrellas, lots of cookies and fruit and carafes of water. three or four very well-maintained bathrooms. two hot tubs. lots of friendly folks. never that crowded, which contrary to the belief of some, does not mean that people buy passes and never visit.. but that the vibe is only one of the things they enjoy doing on the ship.

as for an elevator to the joy's vibe: there is one forward elevator, just one, that goes up there. on 19, it's located just beyond the stairwell outside the vibe and below what is currently the laser tag area. it's difficult to catch it and even more difficult to ride it express, but lots of people usually get off at the buffet, depending on the time of day. if you are ambulatory, it is much easier to take the elevator to 18 and walk up a flight. but you can transfer on 18 and - eventually - that elevator will arrive to whisk you up one floor.

on 19, the elevator opens from the rear, which always shocks and surprises the people onboard who are not getting on or off at the vibe. and it is in a little purpose-built room.... with just one elevator... there is no bank of elevators, so it is easy to miss, if you don't know what you're looking for.

i do see some comments above about the vibe elevator on the escape... perhaps it is similarly located?

The one elevator that goes up to the Vibe is the same on the Escape as it is on the Joy.  100% positive.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JGmf said:

@seemoreroyals Glad to help.  If it's there, I did not see an elevator to the Vibe or to anything on deck 19.  Need to take steps up from deck 18.  Maybe someone has a different experience?

@psuboater Maybe we'll see in the Vibe on the Joy this June.  We're on the June 2 sailing.

We, 12 in total, are on the same sailing and will happily show you where the elevator is located!   It is a bit hidden.   

9 hours ago, MCMC100 said:

I’m not disagreeing, but I don’t remember that.  Where does the elevator open on that deck?  I never took an elevator to the same deck as the Vibe on the Escape.  

It is ok......I will post a picture of where it is later this morning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

It is ok......I will post a picture of where it is later this morning. 

I'm curious about this too.

I hung out on deck 19 almost every day of my Escape sailing and always took the elevator to 18 and walked up.

The caveat is that I never entered Vibe. I lounged in the public space, which was pretty much undiscovered for the first few days of the cruise, but had the other half of the Vibe bar, a hot tub and a cooling off water spot.

And, if there's an elevator to deck 19, it's not on the deck plans.

But, it would make sense for them to have one.

Since I'm booked for the vibe on Getaway, is there an elevator that takes you to that deck too, because I don't see that either on the deck plans.

TIA

• Like 1

Screenshot_20231229-083531.thumb.png.a84e62eecfd6a383c160baa80404aa3d.png

12 hours ago, MCMC100 said:

18 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'm curious about this too.

I hung out on deck 19 almost every day of my Escape sailing and always took the elevator to 18 and walked up.

The caveat is that I never entered Vibe. I lounged in the public space, which was pretty much undiscovered for the first few days of the cruise, but had the other half of the Vibe bar, a hot tub and a cooling off water spot.

And, if there's an elevator to deck 19, it's not on the deck plans.

But, it would make sense for them to have one.

Since I'm booked for the vibe on Getaway, is there an elevator that takes you to that deck too, because I don't see that either on the deck plans.

TIA

I do admit it is hard to find, but it is there as I always use it going down as I hate going down the stairs from deck 19 to 18.   The red dot in the top picture is the door to enter where the elevator is located.  

PXL_20231229_132951169.MP~2.jpg

Edited by vacation44
Change wording
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

The caveat is that I never entered Vibe.

Just want to make sure everyone understands the door to enter the one elevator bank is not actually in the Vibe, but on the wraparound path in that area.    I believe my son discovered it when we were in the Vibe the second time which was on the Getaway.   The next year we were on the Escape again and it was there too as well as on the Joy.  We will definitely look for it on the Encore in February!

Edited by vacation44
Adding more
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Just want to make sure everyone understands the door to enter the one elevator bank is not actually in the Vibe, but on the wraparound path in that area.    I believe my son discovered it when we were in the Vibe the second time which was on the Getaway.   The next year we were on the Escape again and it was there too as well as on the Joy.  We will definitely look for it on the Encore in February!

Thanks for showing where elevator to vibe on Escape is located.  The way deck 19 is laid out it looks like it would be easy to eliminate public sundeck, make vibe larger with added hot tub and extra revenue to NCL.

37 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

I'll be looking for it on Getaway, so thanks for the info!

Just wondering, how far does that single elevator go down from the Vibe deck?

@vacation44 thanks for the information. I learned something today.  Been in the Vibe on Escape, Joy and Getaway and never saw the elevator. I’m betting Encore and Bliss are similar (been in the Vibe there as well, and apparently equally unobservant, because I never saw an elevator there either!).

Heading to Getaway in February.  Can’t wait to share my elevator “discovery” with everyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCMC100 said:

@vacation44 thanks for the information. I learned something today.  Been in the Vibe on Escape, Joy and Getaway and never saw the elevator. I’m betting Encore and Bliss are similar (been in the Vibe there as well, and apparently equally unobservant, because I never saw an elevator there either!).

Heading to Getaway in February.  Can’t wait to share my elevator “discovery” with everyone. 

You are very welcome.  I just looked at some pictures on cruisedeckplans and the door for the elevator bank is also on the Encore.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thanks for showing where elevator to vibe on Escape is located.  The way deck 19 is laid out it looks like it would be easy to eliminate public sundeck, make vibe larger with added hot tub and extra revenue to NCL.

You are very welcome.   They did eliminate that public sun deck space on the Getaway and expanded the Vibe area.   While I love the Vibe, I am against taking away free good deck space

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MCMC100 said:

There is one elevator that drops you off around the corner from the entrance on the Escape.  Only one, of the bank of 8 so you have to be sure to get on the correct one.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

I'll be looking for it on Getaway, so thanks for the info!

Just wondering, how far does that single elevator go down from the Vibe deck?

You are very welcome.    The one elevator that takes you up to the Vibe deck also goes all the way down to deck five.   

• Like 1

my experience, as noted above, is with a similar elevator to deck 19 on the joy. it is very easy to miss... there is no sign that says "elevator" or "lift." it's just a conventional unmarked door that opens up into a small room with the elevator door. some people, as they pass by,  might think it was a bathroom or a "crew only"area. i first discovered it as i was leaving the vibe for the first time, then it took me a few days to figure out how to access it from the other decks.

if you're on 18 and you press the button to call an elevator going up... that'll be the one that arrives. it might take awhile to get there, as it drops passengers elsewhere and few use it to go to 19. if you're on any other deck, it's unlikely you'll get that elevator. i think i got it once... just by chance. you'll have to transfer on 18 or simply walk up one flight.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 9:11 AM, bkrickles1 said:

I can't really answer your question yet, but I'll be experiencing Vibe for the first time on Getaway in April.

We just sailed on the Getaway for the first time earlier this month and got a cabana in the Vibe. The Vibe was underutilized, which made it even better for us. No wait for bar service, hot tubs always available, clean and barely used bathrooms. Drinks were delivered right to the hot tub or cabana. The downside was that it was closed four days out of a 10 day sailing due to winds and weather. On those days we made good use of the thermal suite. The cabana was nice and secluded, and blocked a lot of the wind. Too much sun was never a problem. The Vibe had the best views on the ship, especially for sailaway and sunsets. It was the perfect place to read and nap, and of course take full advantage of the P+ package.  Cold wash clothes were delivered once when it was hot, and fruit skewers were delivered once on another day.  Every time we entered, we got a container of water and bar service was excellent. People would wait by the Vibe door and sneak in whenever folks left.  I never saw anyone get thrown out although on day three the staff approached us rather aggressively when we were in the cabana to make sure we had paid for it, even though we had been shown to it the day before. We had been sent wrist bands, but didn't want to bother with those so after the first confrontation everyone knew who we were and we had top notch service afterward. So in short, it was worth every penny, even with the closed days, and I wouldn't want to sail without a Vibe pass in the future unless I was in a Haven Suite. Already got my Vibe pass for my Prima sailing next December!

• Like 2

We just pulled the trigger for our cruise in Dec of next year on Escape.  Went through CAS.  Tried to buy vibe passes while booking but CAS agent said I would have to wait until 4 months before cruise.  Tried to argue with her to no avail. 

After completing booking I went to my new reservation to look around and lo and behold vibe passes were available for purchase.  Even though our cruise is almost a year away I was able to book our vibe passes and not risk being left out.

IMO even though you have to pay for them in full if you buy them ahead of time, it is better that waiting to see if they have one or two available when you get on the ship.  We try to do everything ahead of time even though we board early and often have to make last minute changes.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

We just pulled the trigger for our cruise in Dec of next year on Escape.  Went through CAS.  Tried to buy vibe passes while booking but CAS agent said I would have to wait until 4 months before cruise.  Tried to argue with her to no avail. 

After completing booking I went to my new reservation to look around and lo and behold vibe passes were available for purchase.  Even though our cruise is almost a year away I was able to book our vibe passes and not risk being left out.

IMO even though you have to pay for them in full if you buy them ahead of time, it is better that waiting to see if they have one or two available when you get on the ship.  We try to do everything ahead of time even though we board early and often have to make last minute changes.  

Very happy you picked your cruise and got your passes.   While I agree it is worth paying in advance just to know you have them, I have never paid in advance upon reserving.   If you call in, they just add them to your account and then pay for them at final payment.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Very happy you picked your cruise and got your passes.   While I agree it is worth paying in advance just to know you have them, I have never paid in advance upon reserving.   If you call in, they just add them to your account and then pay for them at final payment.

Last time on Prima about six months out and this time on Escape almost a year out I got no help from CAS reserving vibe passes.  Maybe I should call them back and call them on it.  I have to call back anyway first week of Feb when I convert the reservation to 7 star cruise.  Right now I am holding reservation with CN certs.  I would have rather paid for everything later for obvious reasons among them being which of our credit cards offers the best incentives.