Beyond Porthole Veranda Oct 20th 2023 sailing

Wirral Girlie

So we are sailing on the same Beyond 10 day cruise as Charla (GenerationX) who is doing her usual amazing live blog but I thought I would also add some words of my own!

We were originally booked in an oceanview on the 3rd floor but put in a moveup bid for a number of cabins. 3 expired but we were successful with the Deluxe Porthole view verandah for £200.

It's a great cabin on deck 8, starboard aft with a real balcony which we love. However, it does have the window washing equipment to the right side so you can't really see aft very well. I wouldn't pick this cabin in the future but would happily have one of the other porthole verandah cabins! 

So far we have eaten our evenings meals at either one of the MDR's or the ocean view cafe. We have enjoyed all our food, even the mashed potatoes, and particularly enjoyed Cosmopolitan last night, the sommelier and waiting staff were excellent.

Our favourite place to hang out and chill is on the rooftop garden, however since last year they have added a pickleball court so the afternoons aren't as peaceful as they were when we sailed last year!! But it's entertaining at times!

Our favourite bar has to be the world class bar, they do some lovely cocktails and if lucky you can get a seat overlooking the martini bar.

Shows have been great, we have enjoyed them all.

Captain Kate is lovely, so friendly to everyone and happy to have pictures taken with the guests.

Just 2 more days left of our cruise, we will be sorry to go home on Monday to a cold and wet UK!

• Like 7

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the pictures.

We have a deck 7 PO verandah on an upcoming cruise and your pictures and notes are really helpful.
Do you know Captain Kate's schedule for April/May?
Is Charla doing a review as well?

Enjoy and thanks again.