Can you bring canned soda onboard?

eyern1

2 hours ago, showingdiva said:

Do you have the option to buy a non-alcoholic drink package?   Apologies if that's a stupid question, as I only know what is available here in the UK, which works out at £21 a day (which I think is around $26).   And again, more apologies if this sounds flippant, but that would break even if you only drink a couple of specialty coffees, a mocktail and a few cans of soda a day.

Thank you. Yes I do and if I drank coffee or the mocktails it wouldn’t be too bad but as bad of a soda habit I have, it’s still not a $175+ a week habit lol. I’ll just bring some powders to put In water and drink them. WTH, I’m still on a ship for a week. It’s all good. If they had a program for soda only I might go for it. Been a while since I’ve bought one of those packages. Maybe no one offers them anymore. 

• Like 1

At embarkation in the United States security is not handled by the ship. Scanning is done by port contractors.Since Port Carnavial is an embarkcation port even though the ship might be calling as a port of call they use the contractors. Different contracting/ports enforce the rules differently so always when someone asks can I bring chocolate milk or Titos on board it is Your Mileage May Vary YMMV type of answer other than the official MSC Contract of Carriage "NO".  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

At embarkation in the United States security is not handled by the ship. Scanning is done by port contractors.Since Port Carnavial is an embarkcation port even though the ship might be calling as a port of call they use the contractors. Different contracting/ports enforce the rules differently so always when someone asks can I bring chocolate milk or Titos on board it is Your Mileage May Vary YMMV type of answer other than the official MSC Contract of Carriage "NO".  

True true. I was just wondering what the "Official" word was, hoping it would have been a YES from the start.  Might could always slip someone some bills and see what happens lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Without reading the MSC contract, I assumed it was like any other cruise lines I’ve been on, and had a 12pk of Pepsi in my carry on and no one at the scanners said a word about it, on my cruise a couple months back. I also had a bunch of candy bars, sour patch kids and flights snacks in the backpack as well. 

11 hours ago, wanderlust0713 said:

Can you bring individual coffee creamers?

I can't answer your actual question.  But I can tell you on Meraviglia every coffee station in the buffet had milk, half and half, and three different kinds of Coffeemate (original, vanilla and hazelnut).  Getting coffee in the MDR was almost an impossible task, so you would have little use for your own creamers there.  The one time I succeeded, the MDR coffee was tepid at best and weak.  However, the buffet coffee was the best cruise coffee I have ever had.

On 11/25/2023 at 8:13 PM, doxiegal said:

Without reading the MSC contract, I assumed it was like any other cruise lines I’ve been on, and had a 12pk of Pepsi in my carry on and no one at the scanners said a word about it, on my cruise a couple months back. I also had a bunch of candy bars, sour patch kids and flights snacks in the backpack as well. 

And now that we’re back, I ran into a couple of people who brought their own sodas and had no problem 

On 10/27/2023 at 3:14 PM, Brighton Line said:

Answer is in your cruise contract which is NO. MSC does not allow you to bring liquids on board no matter how they are packaged, bottle, can or wine box.

Now other people who post that they were able to bring them on board carry on or checked means the decision is up to you to follow the rules or not and pay the consequences or reap the reward. 

Whats the deal with bottled water in the cabins if you have drink package?

8 hours ago, jmsnyc said:

Whats the deal with bottled water in the cabins if you have drink package?

Except for Yacht Club, drinks in the cabin refrigerator are charged when taken even if you have the top-level drink package. 

The best is to ask the Steward to remove everything and stop by a bar for a bottle of water and bring it to the cabin. 

Heck even when I was in Yacht Club I got the bottle of water from the bar as it was colder than anything left in the cabin "cooler".

1 hour ago, Brighton Line said:

Except for Yacht Club, drinks in the cabin refrigerator are charged when taken even if you have the top-level drink package. 

The best is to ask the Steward to remove everything and stop by a bar for a bottle of water and bring it to the cabin. 

Heck even when I was in Yacht Club I got the bottle of water from the bar as it was colder than anything left in the cabin "cooler".

WIll they give you more than one at a time if you ask?

I have a CPAP machine that uses distilled water.  Telephone guest services said they didn't sell it on board, but that if I filled out a special needs medical form I could bring it with me.  They emailed me the form and gave me the address to return it to. 

I don't really want to lug a gallon around Miami (and they certainly won't let me take it on the plane), but I could buy a gallon and then put a quart in a thermos.  They will be expecting it at check-in.