The BEST spaghetti bolognese...

Scubadoobie2

I really enjoy a meaty spaghetti Bolognese, and the best I've ever tasted on a cruise ship (or in any restaurant, for that matter), was on the Celebrity Edge back in 2019.  What made that experience even better was that it was one of the choices available in the ship's buffet of all places.  Have any of you pasta lovers found a great spaghetti Bolognese on any other cruise ship?  If you did, please share.  Of course, I wouldn't choose a particular cruise just because it had a good spaghetti Bolognese, but if in having to choose between two cruises, if all else is pretty much equal, a good spaghetti on one cruise could influence my choice of cruises.  🙂 

7 hours ago, Scubadoobie2 said:

I really enjoy a meaty spaghetti Bolognese, and the best I've ever tasted on a cruise ship (or in any restaurant, for that matter), was on the Celebrity Edge back in 2019.  What made that experience even better was that it was one of the choices available in the ship's buffet of all places.  Have any of you pasta lovers found a great spaghetti Bolognese on any other cruise ship?  If you did, please share.  Of course, I wouldn't choose a particular cruise just because it had a good spaghetti Bolognese, but if in having to choose between two cruises, if all else is pretty much equal, a good spaghetti on one cruise could influence my choice of cruises.  🙂 

You might try MSC.  They have had good comments on their pasta Bolognese.

• 4 months later...

most restaurants that I have seen that have it on the menu actually just serve a marinara or normal spaghetti sauce not a true Bolognese which isn't usually made with tomato sauce but most of the liquid is wine and milk with a touch of tomato paste.  it is also usually meat heavy which makes it more expensive so less attractive to the bottom line.

The best real Bolognese I ever had in Germany of all places.

I make my own.