Pinnacle free cruise

gypsealin

What happens to your on board credits, balcony discount and such  when you apply your pinnacle free cruise to a cruise you already have booked ?   We did this and lost all of our discounts and at final payment we only got 2000.00 off instead of the full 2400.00. Doesn’t seem right. Will we get points for the cruise since we still will be paying 500.00 plus port fees and taxes on top of that. 

53 minutes ago, gypsealin said:

What happens to your on board credits, balcony discount and such  when you apply your pinnacle free cruise to a cruise you already have booked ?   We did this and lost all of our discounts and at final payment we only got 2000.00 off instead of the full 2400.00. Doesn’t seem right. Will we get points for the cruise since we still will be paying 500.00 plus port fees and taxes on top of that. 

The policy is that you lose any C&A discounts and I think OBC depends on where it came from.  When I booked my first free pinnacle cruise I also applied it to an existing booking but managed to get the $2400 value.  They let me keep the sale price in effect at the time, so the rate was essentially like a new cruiser booking under the 30% off offer.  Since you are paying more out of pocket for the cruise fare (not the taxes) you will get the points for the sailing.  Lately I’ve read that they are being stricter about things and at least one pinnacle recently posted in a social media forum that he only got $1800 in value out of the certificate.  Going forward, for my 1050 point award I plan to use it strictly for the primary offer of a balcony cabin on a 7 night cruise and I’m going to pick the most expensive one I can find because if you use the certificate that way (instead of using the cash value) it doesn’t matter how expensive the cabin is.  I won’t get points but they can keep them.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gypsealin said:

You will get credit for your cruise because you paid $500. I don’t understand the pricing part of your question. 
m