Celebrity Pass ....new purchase for priority boarding, etc ?

Smmessineo

1 hour ago, CruiseMrB said:

This is a Wi-Fi package in disguise. If you have the "Always Included" (AI) package, this could be an interesting add-on for more Wi-Fi devices. On our upcoming Jan 2024 Ascent cruise, it's listed at $13 per day upgrade. Other than that, we see very limited value, especially for Concierge or above with AI.

Off-Topic, disregard as needed:

Luckily, our AI actually is AI, in regard to having gratuities still included. Without gratuities, I'm not purchasing that again. We don't drink alcohol, and we will pay for grats and basic one-device Wi-Fi each if traveling more than 4 days. We would also budget for 2 sodas per day, maybe. That's what OBC, if any, would be good for - sodas and Wi-Fi. We would be creating our own "Included" package.

Great to have choices. Do the maths (sorry math) and choose what's best for you. We also share our WiFi package. Use one lot of Elite+ minutes first then decide if the second lot will see us through or if we need to trade it in for a discount. We have never used both lots of 240 minutes or even both lots of 90 when we were Elite.

2 hours ago, CruiseMrB said:

This is a Wi-Fi package in disguise. If you have the "Always Included" (AI) package, this could be an interesting add-on for more Wi-Fi devices. On our upcoming Jan 2024 Ascent cruise, it's listed at $13 per day upgrade. Other than that, we see very limited value, especially for Concierge or above with AI.

Off-Topic, disregard as needed:

Luckily, our AI actually is AI, in regard to having gratuities still included. Without gratuities, I'm not purchasing that again. We don't drink alcohol, and we will pay for grats and basic one-device Wi-Fi each if traveling more than 4 days. We would also budget for 2 sodas per day, maybe. That's what OBC, if any, would be good for - sodas and Wi-Fi. We would be creating our own "Included" package.

It's all about choice. Do the maths and book what suits you. We also share our our free Elite WiFi minutes. Use one lot first then decide if the second lot will see us through or use it as a discount. We have never used our free minutes.

Edited by the penguins
Delete repeat of my post 151

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

We first sailed on Horizon which was a wonderful experience (even sans balcony 😉).  SOME of the 'classy' touches have been removed...small things IMO and not possible to keep up on larger ships.  Still our favourite line;  other cruise lines  have changed as well over time.  BTW...there have been many posts here re those sailing prior to M class and how they've seen these changes.  We've been CCritic members since we paid a membership and that date isn't reflected in this profile...so I guess we know whereof we speak re experiencing X change not decline.

Thanks for your balanced view and I can understand "change not decline". 

We first cruised Royal on Grandeur in 2003 and at that time it was the biggest ship in the fleet - it ended up as the smallest.

Started on X in 2008 on M class. A class which was, in our opinion improved when they were "Solsticised'.

Other posters refer to X as being Royalised but I can't see how. There are certainly no climbing walls, ice rinks, flow riders, water shows or any of the other "attractions" of a Royal ship on X.

The two loyalty programmes are also distinctively different.

The passenger mix is also different with generally far more children on Royal.

Never heard about paying to be CCritic members - we have not paid anything.

Things will continue to change and we will continue to enjoy cruising.

• Like 2