Credit card Insurance

Just thought I would let everyone know that I recently had to put a claim in thru Allianz for Westpac Travel Insurance.
We had to cancel our Brilliance of the Seas cruise with only a week to go!

Having used Westpac Cc Insurance  for many years, but not making a claim, I was unsure whether it would be accepted or it would take a lot of time and questions and I was prepared for the worst!

Happy to report, claim accepted after 8 days, and surprisingly only one excess.

Makes us feel better about our next cruises that we have booked and using CC insurance. Cheryle

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Just thought I would let everyone know that I recently had to put a claim in thru Allianz for Westpac Travel Insurance.
We had to cancel our Brilliance of the Seas cruise with only a week to go!

Having used Westpac Cc Insurance  for many years, but not making a claim, I was unsure whether it would be accepted or it would take a lot of time and questions and I was prepared for the worst!

Happy to report, claim accepted after 8 days, and surprisingly only one excess.

Makes us feel better about our next cruises that we have booked and using CC insurance. Cheryle

We too have used Westoac cc complimentary ins gir years (not my husband too old to be covered, but I just made a claim that was paid out within 10 days with very helpful people.

• Like 5

Thanks guys, just the thing people need to hear, to have confidence in the CC free travel insurance.

In the past I have spent a lot of money on travel insurance, even though I new about the CC travel insurance, kicking myself now, having spent some time in researching it the last year.

• Like 1

I have claimed on my CC travel insurance many times over the years. Allianz through ANZ cards.  From the death of fathers to, this year, a missed connection.  All paid out with no hassle.  Just remember to keep your credit card statements.  And make sure you read the requirements, as they vary from bank to bank.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I used to purchase travel insurance separate to my CC complimentary insurance.  Then one day and when we only had a fairly short cruise booked (11 days from Freo to Bali and back at Xmas), I decided to actually read the PDS for the CC insurance.  Having read, I crossed my fingers spat in the air turned 3 times in a circle while chanting jibberish and decided to trust my fate to the CC insurance gods. 

From that day to this, I've never purchased travel insurance again.  I've made maybe 5 claims all of while have been successful, fuss free and settled quickly.  I'm a total advocate of this perk, all praise to Allianz and ANZ Insurances.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 12:11 AM, Port Power said:

I have claimed on my CC travel insurance many times over the years. Allianz through ANZ cards.  From the death of fathers to, this year, a missed connection.  All paid out with no hassle.  Just remember to keep your credit card statements.  And make sure you read the requirements, as they vary from bank to bank.

Also keep any documentation to support your claim in case it is needed. 

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

Also keep any documentation to support your claim in case it is needed. 

I am very happy to hear the good reports regarding ANZ ‘s cc travel insurance.  I have recently obtained one , after a bit of hassle because I am retired, but I stuck with it.

eileen

• Like 2