Oceania suites on Vista - under Culinary Center - noise problems?

HMK8273

Currently booked on Vista in April 2025 for 24 days - Miami to Lisbon - in a penthouse suite.  Thinking about upgrading to Oceania suite, but the only two available right now are port side, under the culinary center (12010/12014).  For whomever has stayed in the even number Oceania suites, port side, under the culinary center, any noise issues during the day/night?  I ask because we did an upgrade on another cruise line in May 2023 to a larger suite that was directly under their version of the culinary center and the noise was unbearable - things were dragged across the floor throughout the day at all times during the day - so the upgrade was not that much of an upgrade.  Did not think to do our research when we got what we thought was a good deal on that upgrade because it was last minute, but asking better questions now because the upgrade is not a small jump in cost.  If someone knows what the typical culinary center schedules are for when activities occur up there, I would appreciate that input as well.  Thanks in advance.

You can look up the scheduled times for cooking classes most are before lunch or before dinner on sea days.  I was wondering if the suites on the starboard side are noisy as some are right under Horizons.  Can you hear Horizons music at night?  Is the convention room busy?  

Some under Horizon 10007 and 12009 are reportedly very noisy. Met some people on Miami- LA trip that were incensed. Staff tried to make improvements but it will not be resolved without a future trip to the Dry Dock. If you want an O suite, I would opt for the Port side 🤞🙏

I have booked Port side under the O Suites in PH’s for an Allura sailing. Hopefully no vibration, music or dance noise will reverberate down to Deck 11. 
Mauibabes

I understand there is a singing and dancing late happy hour 10:15-11:00.  Not good for someone who goes to bed earlier.  
Since Horizon has been realigned moving the Band and dancing area to the Right side of the Deck, IMHO, only the Port side would work for me.it will be interesting to hear comments from any of the Oceania Suite and Vista Suite guests to get their take on their experiences. 
Mauibabes

56 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

I understand there is a singing and dancing late happy hour 10:15-11:00.  Not good for someone who goes to bed earlier.  
Since Horizon has been realigned moving the Band and dancing area to the Right side of the Deck, IMHO, only the Port side would work for me.it will be interesting to hear comments from any of the Oceania Suite and Vista Suite guests to get their take on their experiences. 
Mauibabes

On our cruise, they also would have late happy hour from 9:15PM - 10PM to help with the noise for those suites below.

17 hours ago, basor said:

On our cruise, they also would have late happy hour from 9:15PM - 10PM to help with the noise for those suites below.

Was this  something new?

On Sept 29th  cruise  HH was 10 to 11 PM some nights it  10:15 to 11:15PM

They did have the live  band playing in Horizons from 9:15 to 10 pm  which  was a nice option if you did not go to the evening show

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Was this  something new?

On Sept 29th  cruise  HH was 10 to 11 PM some nights it  10:15 to 11:15PM

They did have the live  band playing in Horizons from 9:15 to 10 pm  which  was a nice option if you did not go to the evening show

My bad - I thought that they moved HH to coincide with the earlier band playing...but for the noise issue, the band stopped playing at 10PM

• Like 1