Deck 8 on QE.

daisybel

I can only speak to the location I've stayed in on deck 8 which was cabin 8090, midships, Q3. I had no disturbance at all from the Lido above and I'm not an early riser nor a very good sleeper in general.

There was much less noise in that location than on deck 5 in a similarly positioned Q3 cabin which had a lot of mechanical clunking noises at random times during the day.

Both those examples are from QE.

5 hours ago, daisybel said:

Is there any noise from the Lido etc on deck 9 which can be heard in the deck 8 cabins? Last minute booking and not much choice ?

Years ago, we were in a BC cabin under the swimming area, and were woken every morning when the put the chairs out.

10 hours ago, daisybel said:

Thank you . We are looking at Q3 ,so the choice is deck 4 or deck 8. Friend was in Q3 on deck 4 and said it was a very squeaky cabin and was eventually moved.

I think our choice will be deck 8

If choosing a Q3,  itinerary would feature in my choice. Having had friends who booked one, for a sunny cruise, deck 4 would be my choice now, preferably above the library. The balconies have more depth to them so you can be in sun or shade if the sun is out to play. We would not choose deck 8.