M class aft balcony question.

steve3008

The back is stepped meaning that if you are standing at your railing, those in decks above you can look down on you.  The portion of the balcony closer to your cabin is covered so there is privacy there.  If they have a musician playing at the Sunset Bar, you likely will hear it on your balcony.  A pro is that the balconies are much deeper than a side balcony.

I personally love the wake view so enjoy the aft balconies.

In my experience you have to sign a Guest Special Needs Form which has an Attestation

for Accessible Stateroom: " If you are booked in an accessible stateroom, please sign...." I require an accessible stateroom because I have a mobility disability or other disability that requires the use of the accessible features that are provided in the stateroom".  

(from someone who needs assessible)

It will be loud since you are under the sunset bar. We were in 9197. It wasn’t as bad as those in the middle because there were stairs above us. Our neighbors said that their cabin was so noisy and wanted to move because they couldn’t sleep. I wouldn’t take a cabin on that deck again

I’d prefer the aft cabin. At 21 days out, you’re obviously not trying to take the cabin from someone who may need it. I’ve been in an accessible when my husband and I didn’t need it (upgraded from Aqua to Sky Suite shortly before cruise when the only available Sky Suites were the 3 accessible cabins on deck 9) and I’ve been in an accessible when my husband did need it. There were no forms to fill out either time. So you could book the cabin now or someone will receive it on a Move Up bid. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I’d prefer the aft cabin. At 21 days out, you’re obviously not trying to take the cabin from someone who may need it. I’ve been in an accessible when my husband and I didn’t need it (upgraded from Aqua to Sky Suite shortly before cruise when the only available Sky Suites were the 3 accessible cabins on deck 9) and I’ve been in an accessible when my husband did need it. There were no forms to fill out either time. So you could book the cabin now or someone will receive it on a Move Up bid. 

Absolutely correct!

We've  been in the AFT 'family veranda' the larger corner cabin.
We loved it!  And if I recall, there is a stairwell that takes you a few seconds to get to the sunset bar.
I can't speak to the shower situation, but otherwise I'd do it.  Besides you look to be in the younger demographic so likely not needing things to be quiet too early.

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

It will be loud since you are under the sunset bar. We were in 9197. It wasn’t as bad as those in the middle because there were stairs above us. Our neighbors said that their cabin was so noisy and wanted to move because they couldn’t sleep. I wouldn’t take a cabin on that deck again

Totally agree, we were in 9201 on Infinity and the chair scraping was awful.

Beautiful view though.

• Like 1