Carnival Panorama Debarkation Time

Diamond Graham

On her typical 7 night with Cabo as the last port of call she is routinely scheduled to arrive in Long Beach at 9:00am Pacific. So maybe another 30 minutes after that.  Every time we've sailed her folks are certainly still getting off when we arrive between 10 - 10:30am. When they are doing well, embarkation typically begins around 11 ish or a little after.

Edited by jsglow

26 minutes ago, Sugar67 said:

We were on the last normal sailing and were off and on our way to the airport at 8:30am.  We did have an early disembarkation due to our flight schedule.  We did self-assist

That certainly can and does happen. The challenge for that itinerary is the 1,000+ miles back from Cabo. No doubt they have 'cushion' baked in. That said, there's probably no other week-long cruise that comes from a similar distance and is subject to as much uncertainty. Hence the 9:00 am 'official' arrival. 

1 hour ago, madera cruiser said:

Sailed Panorama 3 times; have #4 booked. Pride, Splendor and Miracle had no problem sailing home from PV on time. Hopefully this downtime will fix it.

PV? That's an entirely different animal. They use 2 sea days for that iteration on the northbound leg. Much easier than the 1 sea day used for Cabo last itineraries.

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

PV? That's an entirely different animal. They use 2 sea days for that it swaperation on the northbound leg. Much easier than the 1 sea day used for Cabo last itineraries.

I get that. Supposedly the reason for the Cabo / PV itinerary swap was for the time  to return. IIRC, we actually did PV last on our first Panorama sailing. Right before Covid. Just sayin'.

24 minutes ago, madera cruiser said:

I get that. Supposedly the reason for the Cabo / PV itinerary swap was for the time  to return. IIRC, we actually did PV last on our first Panorama sailing. Right before Covid. Just sayin'.

Lots of folks really prefer the PV last order. I've done both.

13 hours ago, jsglow said:

Lots of folks really prefer the PV last order. I've done both.

We did that this past February on the Solstice. To ME, of the three ports, PV is the most enjoyable/has the most things to easily do/nicest port with Cabo the least, so I enjoy Cabo,Maz,PV ports order the best.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jsglow said:

That certainly can and does happen. The challenge for that itinerary is the 1,000+ miles back from Cabo. No doubt they have 'cushion' baked in. That said, there's probably no other week-long cruise that comes from a similar distance and is subject to as much uncertainty. Hence the 9:00 am 'official' arrival. 

You know I've asked this question and based on your advice and our general traveling style changed our post cruise flight to Honolulu from day of disembarkation to early morning the following day. While my preference would have been to disembark and take a noon flight to Honolulu which would get us there around 3PM, our new plan is to stay in Long Beach another day and take a 7AM from Long beach airport which will get us to Honolulu around 11AM. Less stress worrying about get off and to LAX. Having said that I MAY STILL reserve the noon flight on Southwest with points and play it by ear? 🤔

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Having said that I MAY STILL reserve the noon flight on Southwest with points and play it by ear? 🤔

You know kwok, that might be an ingenious plan. Have a flight lined up for the day of disembarkation AND a flight lined up for the next day. Obviously one gets cancelled. It might work best if those two flights TO Hawaii aren't part of R/Ts but if all your flights are truly One-ways.

Here's the ONLY rub and I'm a bit of an SWA expert. When their computer figures out you have 2 conflicting flights it MAY involuntarily cancel the one that was booked first 'thinking' that the later booking must be your actual plan. I'm not recalling the exact circumstances but I tried to pull something similar off a few years ago and had the flight I really expected to take (in your case the one the next morning) go PUFF off the system. I was able to get it back at about the same price.  It was something along the lines of 'We might sail out of Miami, we might sail out of Canaveral. Let's see what Pack & Go ends up cheapest and have tentative SWA Tix to both.' Just be darn careful my friend and keep an eye out.

Edited by jsglow

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

You know kwok, that might be an ingenious plan. Have a flight lined up for the day of disembarkation AND a flight lined up for the next day. Obviously one gets cancelled. It might work best if those two flights TO Hawaii aren't part of R/Ts but if all your flights are truly One-ways.

Here's the ONLY rub and I'm a bit of an SWA expert. When their computer figures out you have 2 conflicting flights it MAY involuntarily cancel the one that was booked first 'thinking' that the later booking must be your actual plan. I'm not recalling the exact circumstances but I tried to pull something similar off a few years ago and had the flight I really expected to take (in your case the one the next morning) go PUFF off the system. I was able to get it back at about the same price.  It was something along the lines of 'We might sail out of Miami, we might sail out of Canaveral. Let's see what Pack & Go ends up cheapest and have tentative SWA Tix to both.' Just be darn careful my friend and keep an eye out.

Using different airlines would solve that problem. My IDEAL flight is on American LAX to HNL 1pm-4pm but obviously they also know that is an ideal time since it's priced at a ridiculous price of $600/pp/ow!!!

Meanwhile SWs noon flight is a cheap $158/pp/ow for only one hour earlier but in my case that one hour is all the cushion I would want, but not at $450!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Using different airlines would solve that problem. My IDEAL flight is on American LAX to HNL 1pm-4pm but obviously they also know that is an ideal time since it's priced at a ridiculous price of $600/pp/ow!!!

Meanwhile SWs noon flight is a cheap $158/pp/ow for only one hour earlier but in my case that one hour is all the cushion I would want, but not at $450!

Back during 2021 my wife and I got Tix to Maui for $104pp. We booked and figured the rest out later. Great week. My one and likely only trip to Lahania.