Carnival Sunrise - Grand Scenic Oceanview Cabin

MistyRo76

Hello all! I had asked a few weeks back on opinions choosing between the Sunrise and Freedom for a mother-daughter cruise next fall over my kiddo’s. Turns out her break is actually going to be the week after I originally thought it would be. Looking at those itineraries, the only decent option for a 5 day (or less) cruise is on the Sunrise going to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. So that’s what we are going to do. My sister is also planning on joining us and would share a cabin with us. 

Looking at cabin options for three, I found that the corner Grand Scenic Oceanview cabin is available is available for this cruise! I snagged it on a 48 hour hold! 

We’ve never stayed in one of these cabins before, but they look amazing! From a video tour of the room, I found online, I see the couch can be made into a single or double sleeper which would be great for my daughter. 

For those who’ve stayed in these cabins before - specifically on the Sunrise - what were your thoughts? How was the location, space in the room for 3 people, etc. Would love to hear it all! 

Thanks! 

The scenic view is just what it says. An amazing view. From what I remember there should be enough room for three. The draw back is you must lower the full window shade at night. The bridge is right above you and the lights from the cabin reflect up to the bridge. No morning sunshine until you pull up the blind. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skrufy said:

The scenic view is just what it says. An amazing view. From what I remember there should be enough room for three. The draw back is you must lower the full window shade at night. The bridge is right above you and the lights from the cabin reflect up to the bridge. No morning sunshine until you pull up the blind. 

Thanks! 

I assume there are no major noise concerns in that area from the bridge? And looks like  nothing above the cabin. 

3 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks! 

I assume there are no major noise concerns in that area from the bridge? And looks like  nothing above the cabin. 

3 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

Thanks! 

No noise very quiet. 

I had a scenic oceanview on the Freedom (deck 9, Lido) at the center.  The view is amazing and because the window is slanted out you get a little table and chairs for a nice sitting area.

The guidance on closing the blinds at night is that you must close them if you turn your room lights on.  We left our blinds open every night.

Noise.  Yes, at 6am every day (except the last day) there was a loud rhythmic, unexplainable noise that would last several seconds, stop, then continue for 2-3 minutes. Some believe it is window washing system for the bridge which was immediately below our room.

Edited by highcorral25

We have had the Grand Scenic Oceanview on the Glory twice. The Grand Scenic has multiple windows.

We had four in there with two adults and 2 kids and had plenty of room.

It’s my favorite type of room I have ever had. I would book the cruise just for the room. 

yes you can leave the blinds open at night but all lights have to be off.

Its great being on deck 9 and just walking down to Lido, no elevators or anything