TxTeach79's LIVE Regal return to Princess Solo Thanksgiving - 11/19/23

TxTeach79

13 minutes ago, cajun-crazy said:

This will be Sling for ESPN. I am hoping for the best. My eyes really prefer a larger screen than my phone!

yeah, I agree. I’ve streamed fine with youtubeTV on carnival ships from Alaska to Europe to the Caribbean, but their wifi always sets my location to Miami, so I guess that’s been why

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

Whenever you have some down time today or after you get back, I’d love to hear your overall thoughts on Carnival vs Princess. We have one of each booked for our next two cruises but considering our options for further in the future

I’m definitely mulling over the best way to do that, type out general observations, go area by area, or just record myself blabbing on a YouTube video. Til I figure that out, I’m happy to answer any specific questions! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I’m definitely mulling over the best way to do that, type out general observations, go area by area, or just record myself blabbing on a YouTube video. Til I figure that out, I’m happy to answer any specific questions! 

It’s time for VIDZ, Sir Paul!

• Haha 9

I guess one question I have for now, we were on the Ruby last year and kinda felt it was “boring” compared to carnival with less entertainment and scheduled activities (stuff like trivia and games, we don’t care about stuff like water slides.) Do you feel like being a bigger ship Regal is better in that regard or about the same as Ruby? I am optimistic since there are 4 different production shows on the schedule and our 10 day Ruby had I think only 2

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bethfelk said:

I guess one question I have for now, we were on the Ruby last year and kinda felt it was “boring” compared to carnival with less entertainment and scheduled activities (stuff like trivia and games, we don’t care about stuff like water slides.) Do you feel like being a bigger ship Regal is better in that regard or about the same as Ruby? I am optimistic since there are 4 different production shows on the schedule and our 10 day Ruby had I think only 2

yeah, I honestly feel like Princess has as many activities (or is a close second) as Carnival. I’ve sailed every mainstream line except X (and if you call Disney mainstream). Sure, the vibe is different, and some of the activities and shows vary, but I don’t feel like you’d be bored on this ship. There are some Carnival things I miss, sure, but I don’t think you’d feel cheated by the entertainment options. 

• Like 5

That’s really my only beef with the entertainment- the venue itself. Princess Live is a dud. It just is. They were going for the TV studio thing, but it’s big really used for that except for the Wave Show, which you can’t even attend. It’s not comfortable and it’s too small. I wish they’d use the Vista Lounge more often for the stuff they stick in Live. It’s way bigger and more comfortable. 

• Like 4