Twins Only- Suite with Sofa Bed

vjmatty

Hubby and I are sailing Island Princess next year in an S2 along with our adult son. The living room has a sofa bed in a separate room from the bedroom, and there is plenty of space in the suite for all of us, yet I can’t get the bed configuration changed to queen. Does anyone know what the issue is with this?

5 hours ago, memoak said:

There are some suites that due to configuration cannot be converted to queen bed. What cabin are you booked in ?  I took a quick glance at the deck plan and I do not see S2 suites on the Island

I’m sorry it’s an S4, not S2…. the Amalfi Suite L721. The photos all show a queen bed and the sofa bed has plenty of room to open since it’s in a separate area.

ETA: When I originally booked it for just the two of us it allowed a queen, but when I added the third passenger it switched to twin and won’t let me change it.

Edited by vjmatty
ETA

There is room for the sofa bed to open, but it butts up against a piece of built in cabinetry when open.  You can walk around it by going through the bedroom or hop over. 

Although the bathroom has two entrances, the second entrance is in the living room instead of the bedroom.  So you do have to go into the living room to get to the bathroom from the bedroom.  Not the usual Princes set up. It’s an odd shaped cabin, but was very nice.  There are three sliding glass doors to the 2 separate balconies.  Plus a walk in closet.   I think all the oddities are due to the the changes made to the Island years ago. 

If the configuration is not what you want have it changed.  

Edited by milolii

9 hours ago, milolii said:

There is room for the sofa bed to open, but it butts up against a piece of built in cabinetry when open.  You can walk around it by going through the bedroom or hop over. 

Although the bathroom has two entrances, the second entrance is in the living room instead of the bedroom.  So you do have to go into the living room to get to the bathroom from the bedroom.  Not the usual Princes set up. It’s an odd shaped cabin, but was very nice.  There are three sliding glass doors to the 2 separate balconies.  Plus a walk in closet.   I think all the oddities are due to the the changes made to the Island years ago. 

If the configuration is not what you want have it changed.  

Thanks for all of this information. We’re booked on the 18 day WB transatlantic so I’m not sure if we will get much use of the balconies, although the fact that the aft is separate from the side may keep the aft section more protected from the wind. 

I followed up with Princess using the chat function. They said it can’t be changed to queen on the booking, but once we get there, if the cabin attendant hasn’t figured it out already I can ask to have it switched. It seems to be an automatic setting based on most cabins having the third bed drop from the ceiling over the main bed and needing to put the ladder between the twins. 

• Like 1