Library on Venezia

mleng

We are going on Venezia on Nov 30.  I always enjoy the serendipitous nature of browsing a ship's library and picking up some books that I would not have read otherwise.

If anybody has been on Venezia recently, can you tell me the location and size (book selections) of the library on Venezia?  I did a search on this forum and found one picture taken by somebody on a June cruise -- it showed two mostly empty shelves.  I certainly hope Carnival have stocked the library with a few more books?  

We were on the Venezia for 21 days in September / October. There is not a dedicated library on the Venezia, just a couple of shelves on Deck 11 mid ship. This picture was taken early in our cruise. My wife Patti, who is an avid reader, said by the end of the cruise there were many more books, probably left by fellow passengers.

IMG_5410-XL.jpg

• Like 1

As Jamman said, it's on Deck 11 to the left of the big screen as you're facing it.  Very noisy.  Also, grab the books you want right away because by the 3rd sea day, all that was left was Plato's Republic (good book, but not light reading!)

At least they didn't completely do away with it... sort of.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2023 at 11:00 PM, mleng said:

We are going on Venezia on Nov 30.  I always enjoy the serendipitous nature of browsing a ship's library and picking up some books that I would not have read otherwise.

If anybody has been on Venezia recently, can you tell me the location and size (book selections) of the library on Venezia?  I did a search on this forum and found one picture taken by somebody on a June cruise -- it showed two mostly empty shelves.  I certainly hope Carnival have stocked the library with a few more books?  
I saw photos on forums with empty shelves, but maybe Carnival added its magic. I would advise asking locally, maybe in hotels or with locals. I am also interested in libraries and love to read. I recently found out how to beat turnitin, found bypass turnitin for this. I don’t know how anyone can live without books. I don’t understand people who haven’t read a single book in their lives.

It may not be as big as some, but there is always something amazing to be found there.

Edited by sabrina5zunoi3