Medallion shipped

eagletwo

I feel like I read somewhere that the medallion was manufactured in Singapore.  But a Google search came up with a 2021 joint announcement between Carnival and Jabil manufacturing that the medallions were being produced in the Dominican Republic.  

As far as distribution, it sounds like they are being shipped through a midwestern hub.  No big surprise, given customers across the US and Canada.

14 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Several years ago (probably soon after the medallions were introduced) they were shipped by FedEx. Haven't seen that for a while...

The closer to the 12 day prior to sailing cut off, the more likely the Medallion will be shipped by FedEx.  The expedited orders (those completed closer to sailing) are fulfilled in Singapore and shipped via FedEx.  There's no way they can be handled by the freight forwarder that Princess uses and sit around in a warehouse until time to be tendered to the USPS and make it in time before a passenger's departure from home. 

Back when Medallion shipping was still free, I always ordered my Medallions super close to the deadline so I wouldn't have to get them via the USPS, which isn't as reliable.  (One of the reasons why companies don't like using USPS for time sensitive deliveries, despite their cheaper rates, is that the scans are never live as they happen.  There can be a delay of up to 24 hours.  Also, except for next day delivery, the USPS has 72 hours to create the origin scan upon receiving a item.)

Our last Princess cruise was 2010. No medallions at that time. We have a cruise booked on the Enchantment for March 2024. What's the benefits of having the medallion mailed to you v just picking it up at the embarkation terminal when you check-in? 

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Our last Princess cruise was 2010. No medallions at that time. We have a cruise booked on the Enchantment for March 2024. What's the benefits of having the medallion mailed to you v just picking it up at the embarkation terminal when you check-in? 

Green Lane vs. Blue Lane at embarkation. You get aboard quicker.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grandma Rambo said:

We just received our much anticipated email from Princess.  Our medallions have shipped.  We're in Florida.  I'm thinking perhaps the package will arrive about Wednesday.  Fingers crossed.  Our cruise is December 18 on Enchanted.

Use the USPS link they included in the email. Then sign up for their automated tracking messaging service. I went back and double-checked, I got the initial email last Saturday and received it yesterday, so 6 days. Figure about a week to Florida. 

1 minute ago, doghog said:

Medallion in hand is the only requirement to be in the green lane?  Currently we show blue lane on the app. 

No. You still need to fill out all the OceanReady requirements. I used the app to put in my travel documents, photo, payment method and so forth. When we get to the ship, we will simply swipe our medallions at the reader, show our passports, and walk aboard. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

No. You still need to fill out all the OceanReady requirements. I used the app to put in my travel documents, photo, payment method and so forth. When we get to the ship, we will simply swipe our medallions at the reader, show our passports, and walk aboard. 

All completed except security photo. 

I moved to green lane as soon as I ordered the Medallion.  My delivery notice still shows in no activity even though I have the Medallion in hand. From what i can see in tracking from the number on the package, sent from Richmond BC,  to a site in Mississauga (near YYZ), then delivered by Canada Post. I had mine in about 5 days after the shipping notice. P.S. it was not the SANI delivery notice I posted about earlier. That was actually a package that wasn't supposed to ship for 5 to 12 days that was delivered in 3 days.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 6:16 PM, IndyKid said:

11 days? Did they use Pony Express? Even by USPS snail-mail standards that seems a bit excessive. 

The charge for our Medallions and accessory shipment for our December 10th sailing just hit my account 2 days ago, so it looks like they will be shipping soon if not already. 

We sailed the Regal in July.  Our medallions were shipped from Singapore and we got them the next day - FedEx.  We are in Florida.  I was truly shocked they arrived so quickly.