Viking support for passenger transfer to departure port

ewenwash

1 hour ago, ericosmith said:

Where might I ask is the guest interface/self-service portat?  I don't see anything about adding transfers.

Go to MyVikingJourney.com, create an account, log in, input your booking number for the cruise, click on “manage my air” and then “transfer request form.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crestawave said:

When we disembark at the end of the cruise in Fort Lauderdale will we be able to book a Viking transfer to Miami Airport for our flight back to the UK ?

Oops, very sorry. I skimmed over this detail. You should ask Viking directly if they will be providing transfers to MIA (have your TA do it since their contact point is better versed in these details than the call center). If they haven't booked anyone on your sailing to fly out of MIA, it is possible they will not be offering transfers.

Also, you should double check your departing flight to make sure that you have enough time to get to MIA at least 3 hours before departure. The Viking invoice usually has some sort of comment of the earliest time you should book a flight, but that time will be out of the Ft. Lauderdale airport, which is close to the port.

We are doing a Rhine Christmas cruise with a post extension. We have booked our own airfares. Viking asked us for flight details a few weeks ago and will take us to the airport at no charge as per the extension description. 

1 hour ago, ericosmith said:

Where might I ask is the guest interface/self-service portat?  I don't see anything about adding transfers.

If 1. you arrange your own air or 2. do not have Viking air that arrives or departs on day of embarkation or disembarkation, or 3. do not have extension, you or your TA can call Viking to add air transfer to your reservation. You can purchase transfer for pre or post or both.

Once you have air transfer indicated in your reservation, go to myvikingjourney dot com, and click under “manage my air”. Next, click on the transfer form and print it out. Complete the form and follow the instructions at the bottom of the form to decide which way you want to submit to Viking.

I took a photo of my completed form and attach it to my email to Viking.  Within a few days, I received a confirmation email from Viking.

8 hours ago, dreamercruise said:

If 1. you arrange your own air or 2. do not have Viking air that arrives or departs on day of embarkation or disembarkation, or 3. do not have extension, you or your TA can call Viking to add air transfer to your reservation. You can purchase transfer for pre or post or both.

But only if you are arriving day of embarkation or flying out on day of disembarkation. Don’t get your hopes up that you can do so outside of those days.

• Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 8:14 AM, Traveler145 said:

We have arranged our own air, but are taking a Viking post extension before flying home the day the extension ends.  I requested transfers to the airport only for the departure day and Viking charged us $60 per person for the transfers.

Thank you to everyone who responded.  I emailed Tellus@viking.com and received a call back from them today.  Because we have a post-extension, our transfers to the airport on the last day of the extension are included and the money I paid will be refunded. The agent I initially spoke to was mistaken. Tellus@viking.com responded quickly.

• Like 4

Glad you got it all straightened out.

Just one question. Did you send your e-mail to TellUs@viking.com or to TellUs@vikingcruises.com?

I have have always used the latter because I was under the impression that the former would not work. However, if they both work and actually end up in the same inbox, all the better.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:18 PM, dreamercruise said:

I took a photo of my completed form and attach it to my email to Viking.  Within a few days, I received a confirmation email from Viking.

Did you take a photo on a wooden table,* and then convert to .pdf??

I just did one of these forms. It's crazy that Viking does not have a fillable .pdf. Then you could...fill out the blanks on your computer...save it...and email the thing back to Viking. No wooden table needed.

* Long running joke on one of the IT websites.

14 minutes ago, pavementends said:

Did you take a photo on a wooden table,* and then convert to .pdf??

I just did one of these forms. It's crazy that Viking does not have a fillable .pdf. Then you could...fill out the blanks on your computer...save it...and email the thing back to Viking. No wooden table needed.

* Long running joke on one of the IT websites.

This is just a rumor mind you, but a foldable plastic picnic table is an acceptable substitute for wood. 😉

On 11/21/2023 at 10:31 AM, NanciEA said:

I would book the transfer now with Viking. You can pay extra and they will include you in the transfers if you are leaving the day of disembarkation. Contact them and they will send you a transfer form to fill out and email or fax to them. We are doing this for next year's British Isle cruise. We are flying into Bergen two day early and will find our way on the bus to our hotel. We are not staying on in London but paying Viking to transfer us to Heathrow.

How much is Viking charging for the transfer to Heathrow? Is this from Tillbury port?  

53 minutes ago, wcGma said:

How much is Viking charging for the transfer to Heathrow? Is this from Tillbury port?  

Best to ask this one of Viking directly since it seems that prices are changing. Call them or use the chat. Since prices may vary from port to port, make sure that you have your booking number or port information handy.

British Isle cruises for the most part dock at Greenwich. Your port of disembarkation will be shown on your Viking invoice.

Also a good place to ask questions about British Isles Explorer cruise is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2858648-british-isles-explorer-cruise/page/9/#comment-66515158  because there are lots of folks who are doing or have done that itinerary.

Edited by Peregrina651

31 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Best to ask this one of Viking directly since it seems that prices are changing. Call them or use the chat. Since prices may vary from port to port, make sure that you have your booking number or port information handy.

British Isle cruises for the most part dock at Greenwich. Your port of disembarkation will be shown on your Viking invoice.

Also a good place to ask questions about British Isles Explorer cruise is https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2858648-british-isles-explorer-cruise/page/9/#comment-66515158  because there are lots of folks who are doing or have done that itinerary.

1 hour ago, janetcbl said:

It was $49pp a couple of years ago; I think it has gone up since then.

I was just billed 49pp for tilbury to LHR transfer… for a February 2024 trip.

• Like 1